[Uib-ai] SSIS Easter seminar on Monday 15 April 14:15 - 15:15

Duc Tien Dang Nguyen ductien.dangnguyen at uib.no
Fri Apr 5 13:39:30 CEST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

With apologies for cross-posting, please see below for information of the SSIS Easter seminar:

——————

I have invited Cathal Gurrin, a professor from Dublin City University, to give a talk on personal data analytics on Monday 15 April 14:15 - 15:15, Seminar Room 1, MCB.

In his talk, he will introduce the concept of lifelogging, highlight the potential of deep user data (lifelogs), showcase his (and other’s) efforts to make progress in data analytics and information retrieval. Although the topic is information science, audience from other fields are welcome since he will cover also how to discover insights (by applying AI methods) from personal data and self-enhance personal health and wellness, as well as discuss about ethical issues and data governance challenges.

More information: https://www.uib.no/en/rg/ssis/125985/lifelogging-new-information-management-challenge

Should you need any other information about his talk, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Tien

---------------------------------------------- Duc Tien Dang Nguyen Department of Information Science and Media Studies University of Bergen, Norway Tel: (47) 55 58 91 73 Email: ductien.dangnguyen at uib.no<mailto:ductien.dangnguyen at uib.no> http://about.me/dnductien