[Corpora-List] LatinX in NLP Workshop @ NAACL 2022

Maria Leonor Pacheco Gonzales pachecog at purdue.edu
Fri Mar 18 02:32:10 CET 2022

LatinX in NLP (LXNLP) is hosting a hybrid workshop to connect LatinX identifying AI Researchers and Engineers around the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL) taking place Sun, Jul 10, 2022 – Fri, Jul 15, 2022.

About the workshop

This affinity workshop is aimed at LatinX individuals working on or interested in NLP or Computational Linguistics with a goal to increase the visibility of researchers of LatinX origin, who remain underrepresented in our community. Those already working on these areas will have the opportunity to connect with fellow LatinX and make their own work known, while those new to the field will benefit from the scientific exchange, guidance and advice of researchers with their same background.

If you are an ally and want to support latinX folks:

We are looking for researchers that want to serve in the program committee! You do not need to identify as latinX to help make our workshop a success. Sign up here: buff.ly/3I93b2s<https://t.co/4qtlgYkyy2>.

We are also looking for volunteers to help with the organization. Sign up here: buff.ly/3ptKsHo<https://t.co/wQBkIzZi1H>

Call for papers:

We welcome extended abstracts in all areas of Computational Linguistics and NLP. We also welcome position papers and demos. Work may be previously published, completed, or ongoing. Submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least 2 reviewers in the area.

Specifically, we allow two type of submissions:

Archival: Must be blind for the double-blind review process. Accepted works will be published in the Journal of LatinX in AI Research as proceedings.

Non-archival: May be submitted to any venue in the future. Previously published work can also be submitted as non-archival, with the additional requirement to state in the first page the original publication source.

Works may be submitted in English, Spanish or Portuguese. We will assist authors in translating their accepted work into English (translated works will appear in both languages in the proceedings.)

Important Dates

* Submission Deadline: April 10, 2022 11:59 pm AOE

* Author Notification: May 1, 2022

* Camera Ready: June 20th, 2022

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 8277 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20220318/eeda9e1d/attachment.txt>