[Corpora-List] ELG, a bridge for NLP development: online workshop invitation, March 22 & 25

Hrafn Loftsson HRAFN at ru.is
Thu Mar 17 12:59:54 CET 2022

We are pleased to get in touch with you in relation to the European project "Microservices at your service: bridging the gap between NLP research and industry".<https://www.lingsoft.fi/en/microservices-at-your-service-bridging-gap-between-nlp-research-and-industry>

This project addresses the objective of the "Collaborative language tools projects" call, which proposes to help natural language processing (NLP) tools to be more accessible to a wider audience. This project aims to improve accessibility to NLP tools by making them available through the ELG<https://www.european-language-grid.eu/> (European Language Grid) repository. Specifically, we aim at speech and language technology tools generated in Icelandic, Norwegian, Finnish, Estonian, Latvian, Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese, Galician, Basque, Catalan and Valencian languages.

As a result of the project, we expect that the ELG will be enhanced with a comprehensive set of NLP tools that will make it easier for researchers and software/service developers to use these tools in their research or service development. And, in parallel, we can enhance the visibility of the research institutions that developed them.

With this objective in mind, we contact you, to indicate that we would like to invite you to participate in the free online Workshop:

"ELG, a bridge for NLP development"

that will take place on March 22 and 25 at 11:00 a.m. CET.

This free workshop will provide you with information on how to interact with ELG, European Language Grid, and help you answer questions such as:

1. What is ELG?

2. How can your organization benefit from ELG?

3. How can your organization join ELG?

4. How to upload your tools to ELG?

5. How to use the tools available from ELG?

Please, to attend, complete the registration form that you will find in the following link and choose which of the two proposed dates you prefer to attend.

Registration form: https://forms.gle/b4WzwkrhcKNeozfv9

A link to the workshop will be sent to the email provided before the selected date.

If you are unable to attend, the video recording of the workshop will be available after it has taken place.

Thank you very much for your time, we look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, Joaquín Lago Fernández jlago at gradiant.org<mailto:jlago at gradiant.org>

Responsible at GRADIANT for the project "Microservices at your service: bridging the gap between NLP research and industry