The El'Manuscript 2022 Conference has to be postponed until further notice.
A new CfP will be issued as soon as the situation allows it.
-------- Message transféré -------- Sujet : [Corpora-List] First CfP for El’Manuscript-2022 (Innsbruck, Austria * 5-9 September 2022) Date : Thu, 3 Feb 2022 18:36:55 +0100 De : Alexey Lavrentev <alexei.lavrentev at ens-lyon.fr> Organisation : CNRS Pour : corpora at uib.no
(Apologies for cross-posting)
We are pleased to invite submissions of abstracts for the El’Manuscript-2022 international conference on the creation and development of information systems for storage, description, processing, analysis, and publication of medieval and early modern hand-written and printed texts and documentary records. Any person involved in the creation or application of these resources —including researchers; instructors; staff of libraries, museums, and archives; programmers, and undergraduate and graduate students— is welcome to participate.
El’Manuscript 2022 is the ninth in a series of biennial international conferences entitled “Textual Heritage and Information Technologies”. The conferences bring together linguists, specialists in historical source criticism, IT specialists, and others involved in studying and publishing our textual heritage. Along with the lectures, a summer school will be part of the conference, which will allow practitioners to become familiar with various systems and methods for working with manuscripts and texts.
The working language of the 2022 conference is English. In the philological sections talks in Russian are welcome but must be accompanied by powerpoint slides in English. Accepted abstracts will be published in print and online before the conference.
Papers presented at the conference will be published in the 2023 volume of the peer reviewed journal Scripta & e-Scripta and on the textualheritage.org website.
=== Conference topics ===
1. Science and Philology
- Analysis of writing material (DNA, microbiome, isotopes, etc.)
- Imaging, visualization, and digitisation
- Machine learning and deep learning
- Analysis of water marks, book binding techniques, etc.
- Preservation of written heritage 2. From the Manuscript to the (Digital) Edition
- Handwritten Text Recognition, Optical Character Recognition
- Digital Palaeography
- Textology and textual criticism
- Digital editing and publishing
- Text mark-up formats
- Lemmatisation and morphological mark-up. Databases and Corpora
- Text collections
- Linguistic corpora
- Digital libraries and databases
- Storage formats and long term storage
- Data mining
- Quantitative and statistical analysis
- Navigation and access
- Open access 4. Digital Humanities Pedagogy and Textual Heritage
- Global context and local practices
- Text analysis in DH courses and programs
- Teaching and learning computational linguistics, digital literary studies, digital editions, etc.
- DH pedagogy: cases, methods, and technologies
=== General Information ===
The conference will be held in a hybrid format. Detailed information will be announced in due time on the homepage of the conference (see below).
Conference dates: 5–9 September 2022
Venue: Department of Slavonic Studies, University of Innsbruck.
Postal Address: Institut für Slawistik, Universität Innsbruck, Innrain 52, 6020 Innsbruck.
Organizers: Prof. Dr. Viktor A. Baranov, Prof. Dr. Juergen Fuchsbauer, Prof. Dr. Gernot Howanitz.
Contact person: Prof. Dr. Juergen Fuchsbauer, phone +43 512 507 4226
E-mail: elmanuscript2022-slawistik at uibk.ac.at
Conference Website: https://www.uibk.ac.at/congress/elmanuscript2022-slawistik/
=== Abstract submission ===
Abstracts are limited to 200 words and should be sent in both .DOCX/.ODT and PDF formats to elmanuscript2022-slawistik at uibk.ac.at. The following information has to be included:
- Paper title;
- 5–10 keywords;
- Author’s / authors’ first and last names;
Deadline for abstracts: 15 March 2022.
-- Alexei Lavrentiev Ingénieur de recherche UMR 5317 IHRIM, CNRS
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 6631 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20220307/c58b8834/attachment.txt>