First call for papers The Tenth Baltic Conference "Human Language Technologies - the Baltic Perspective"
October 6-7, 2022 Conference Web page: http://hlt2022.tilde.eu/
The aim of the Tenth International Conference "Human Language Technologies - the Baltic Perspective" is to provide a forum for the sharing of new ideas and recent advances in human language processing and to promote cooperation between the research communities of computer science and linguistics from the Baltic states and the rest of the world.
The conference aims to bring together scientists, developers, providers and users to discuss state-of-the-art of HLT in the Baltic states, to exchange information and to discuss problems, to find new synergies and to promote initiatives for international cooperation.
Organisers of the Tenth Baltic Conference invites authors to submit papers for oral, poster or demonstration presentations on substantial, original, and unpublished research in the area of natural language processing and language technologies, as well as survey and discussion papers, including but not limited to the following topics:
• Application of Language technologies
• Compilation of language and speech resources
• Language Technologies for Digital Humanities
• Human-Computer Interaction
• Information retrieval and extraction
• Issues in the design, construction and use of LRs: text, speech, multimodality
• Lexicons, terminology and ontologies
• Machine learning
• Machine Translation
• Methods and tools for language processing
• Multilingual issues, language coverage and diversity, less-resourced languages
• Multimodal language technologies and solutions
• Natural Language Understanding
• Ontologies, terminology and knowledge representation
• Open, linked and shared data and tools, open and collaborative architectures
• Question answering
• Speech recognition and synthesis
• Research infrastructures
• Language Technologies in Education
• Text and speech corpora
We especially welcome original research on processing languages of three Baltic countries - Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian.
SUBMISSIONS AND DATES
Deadline of paper submission: May 2, 2022. Authors are invited to submit anonymous papers in PDF format. Submissions can be full papers (8 pages maximum including references), short papers (6 pages including references) or system demonstration (4 pages including references). Submissions should be made through EasyChair conference manager (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=baltichlt2022) and will be blind reviewed by at least two evaluators.
Paper submission: May 2, 2022 Notification to authors: July 5, 2022 Conference: October 6-7, 2022