[Corpora-List] visualization of terms in lines in kind of a Bayesian, navigational way ...

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 18:09:29 CET 2022

On 1/29/22, Amir Zeldes <Amir.Zeldes at georgetown.edu> wrote:
> It's not a neat library or anything, but I think we did something similar
> to what you're describing for the Coptic Dictionary Online:
>
> https://coptic-dictionary.org/network.cgi?word=%CF%AD%E2%B2%93%E2%B2%9B%E2%B2%89&pos=V&tla=CF17565

Well, yes! That would be more like it.

For those of you who where asking me for a "visual representation" that would be it with a few more features:

1) when you click on a node the whole structure will be automatically re-centered

2) each node (representing characters or text segments) would come with their weight

3) those representations will be exhaustive: mathematically meaning that, with the exception of the semantic end with which all texts start and the semantic start with which all texts end, the weight (how many times) a certain text segment is in a corpus will equal the number of text segments confluencing into and also those sprouting off of it.

There also other nice related features such a "cosmic eye, tree reading" type of application would require. The Internet has become the junk yard of humanity. "Imagine" (as John Lennon sang) what could be achieved with it! No more abusive nonsense being dumped on your face, no more time listening to youtubers idiotically repeating to "like them", no more having to reread whole books to ferret just an aspect in a phrase in a sentence, google dumping on you millions of "hits" ..., having to listen to a whole video when most of what they talk about you already know, ... you would even optionally, consciouslly share your "topix" with like minded folks, ... Think of it, if the paper or book is not readily available, your could buy a used copy for what?, $10?, scanned it, stage it into your own topical corpus and right there you will see the text segments you would need to mind! ...

Since I was a little boy I have read like a mad man (I have to constantly read at least three books at the same time in order to be able "to read", yes, people have told me "there is something 'wrong' with me" ;-)). It annoys me to no end that much of what is published is crappy "persuasion" and/or newly rebranded old adamized ideas. When I read I have to go into "pilot" "sleep walking" mode for large chunks of the books.

After the invention of the printing press there was a(n "encyclopedic") moment in the history of mankind in which you could have pretty much all books that had ever been printed in your own home library (well, if you had the money/means, that is). You could see how that kind of thing we have been talking about would bring us to a new "encyclopedic" era, with the difference that nowadays everyone has the money. Yes, I am talking about liberating ourselves from the "tyranny of sequencing"!

I can give you a good example of what I am talking about. Poetry (metaphorically rendered text) is a taboo topic in linguistic research. They even use it to give "crazy ass" examples such as: "Colorless green ideas sleep furiously" (Chomsky).

https://www.wikidoc.org/index.php/Colorless_green_ideas_sleep_furiously

I don't find such one liners that impressive, "explaining" as a published poet myself:

https://hsymbolicus.wordpress.com/category/gedichter/ (Pyramiden)

http://hsymbolicus.wordpress.com/category/poems/ (lies ...)

I recently read a book trying to ferret ideas and prior art about poetry and I was annoyed to not find anything (very little) of value:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1LYO52R0E9OUP

lbrtchx