[Corpora-List] Reminder: NLP PostDoc position in Helsinki (ERC project FoTran) and other opportunities in CS/AI

Tiedemann, Jörg jorg.tiedemann at helsinki.fi
Thu Jan 27 22:35:12 CET 2022

Here is a reminder about the open positions that are available in Helsinki. The deadline is approaching: January 30, 2022

We offer the opportunity for a post-doctoral researcher to join our NLP research group at the University of Helsinki as part of the ERC-funded project FoTran. Apply through the call that is advertised here: https://www.hiit.fi/postdoctoral-researcher-and-research-fellow-positions-in-ict-winter-2022/ (look for project H13)

Deadline: January 30, 2022 Duration: 18 months More information and other job opportunities: https://www.hiit.fi/open-calls/

FoTran is an ERC-funded project that focuses on representation learning in multilingual neural language and translation models. We develop and study large-scale sequence-to-sequence models trained on hundreds of languages to see how complex neural networks are able to pick up semantic knowledge from raw data. We look for highly motivated researchers who want to push the limits of multilingual NLP and who would be interested in system development, interpretability of neural networks and downstream applications in language technology.

The ideal candidate would have a background in computational linguistics or computer science with experience in NLP and deep learning. Our project makes use of high-performance computing and heavily depends on GPU-based computation. Experience with SLURM and HPC infrastructures is an advantage for the position. We have access to extensive IT infrastructures provided by CSC Finland and are selected as pilot project for the new European supercomputer LUMI. Our team is international and combines people with various backgrounds demonstrating the interdisciplinarity of our work.

The position would initially be appointed for 18 months with a possibility of an extension depending on upcoming funding. More information about our research unit is available at https://blogs.helsinki.fi/language-technology/ and https://github.com/Helsinki-NLP/.

-- ***************************************************************** Jörg Tiedemann Language Technology https://blogs.helsinki.fi/language-technology/ University of Helsinki

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 9496 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20220127/6b6b6ba7/attachment.txt>