[Corpora-List] 10 full PhD/Post-Doc scholarships at HPI, University of Potsdam, Germany

Gerard de Melo gdmresearch at gmx.net
Thu Jan 27 14:05:44 CET 2022

Please see below about our PhD and Post-Doc positions at the HPI Research School in Potsdam, Germany. We are also particularly interested in NLP and AI/ML candidates.

Feel free to get in touch with me about these and also about other available positions. More about our group at: http://compling.org/join/

-----

The Hasso Plattner Institute at the University of Potsdam is one of Germany's top-ranked computer science institutes. For our Data Science and Engineering Research School, we annually seek to recruit talented young researchers and offer

10 full Ph.D. and Post-Doc Scholarships

for a support of up to four years in our Potsdam location, on the border of Berlin.

The increasing abundance of data in science and in industry creates many challenges and opportunities. The PhD school "Data Science and Engineering" unites top PhD students and Post-Docs in all areas of data-driven research and technology, including data science, machine learning and deep learning, NLP / IR / text mining, databases, data visualization and more. We apply our research to many different use cases across the participating interdisciplinary research groups, joining forces whenever possible.

Students and Postdocs enjoy a great research environment, close mentorship by professors and post-docs, interaction with many peers, enormous computing power with HPI's data lab, and significant travel funding. HPI professors and their research groups ensure high quality research and will supervise Ph.D. students.

Applications must be submitted to phd-application-data-science at hpi.de by February 1, 2022. Please include

- Curriculum vitae and copies of certificates/transcripts - Brief research proposal, ideally mentioning the suitable HPI research groups you would like to work with - Work samples/copies of relevant scientific work (e.g., master's thesis or scientific papers) - Letter(s) of recommendation (may be submitted separately) and any other supporting documents