[Corpora-List] [CPF]: The Fifth Workshop on Fact Extraction and VERification

Andreas Vlachos av308 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 26 16:00:59 CET 2022

Dear corpora-list,

Please find below the Call for Papers for The Fifth Workshop on Fact Extraction and VERification: https://fever.ai/ collocated with ACL 2022.

Best, The FEVER organizers

With billions of individual pages on the web providing information on almost every conceivable topic, we should have the ability to reason about in a wide range of domains. However, in order to do so, we need to ensure that we trust the accuracy of the sources of information that we use. Handling false information coming from unreliable sources has become the focus of a lot of recent research and media coverage. In an effort to jointly address these problems, we are organizing the 5th instalment of the Fact Extraction and VERification (FEVER) workshop (http://fever.ai/<http://fever.ai/workshop.html>) to promote research in this area. The workshop will be co-located with ACL 2022 and will be held either in Dublin or virtually depending on circumstances.

We invite long and short papers on all topics related to fact extraction and verification, including:

* Information Extraction

* Semantic Parsing

* Knowledge Base Population

* Natural Language Inference

* Textual Entailment Recognition

* Argumentation Mining

* Machine Reading and Comprehension

* Claim Validation/Fact checking

* Question Answering

* Information Retrieval and Seeking

* Theorem Proving

* Stance detection

* Adversarial learning

* Computational journalism

* Descriptions of systems for the FEVER (http://fever.ai/2018/task.html), FEVER 2.0 (http://fever.ai/2019/task.html) and FEVEROUS (https://fever.ai/task.html) Shared Tasks

Long/short papers should consist of eight/four pages of original content plus unlimited pages for bibliography. Submissions must be in PDF format, anonymized for review, and follow the ACL 2022 conference submission guidelines, using the LaTeX style files, Word templates or the Overleaf template from the official ACL website. The submission page is here: https://openreview.net/group?id=aclweb.org/ACL/2022/Workshop/FEVER

Each long paper submission consists of up to eight (8) pages of content, plus unlimited pages for references; final versions of long papers will be given one additional page (up to nine pages with unlimited pages for references) so that reviewers’ comments can be taken into account.

Each short paper submission consists of up to four (4) pages of content, plus unlimited pages for references; final versions of short papers will be given one additional page (up to five pages in the proceedings and unlimited pages for references) so that reviewers’ comments can be taken into account.

The review will be double-blind (two-way anonymized review). Please do not include any self-identifying information in the submission. Papers can be submitted as non-archival, so that their content can be reused for other venues. Please put a footnote stating "NON-ARCHIVAL submission” on the first page. Non-archival papers will follow the same submission guidelines, and, if accepted, will be linked from the FEVER website but not from the ACL proceedings. Previously published work can also be submitted in this manner, with the additional requirement to state on the first page the original publication. In this case, the paper does not need to be anonymized.

ACL Rolling Review: We welcome submissions already reviewed via the ACL Rolling Review.

FEVER Shared Tasks

We encourage continued participation in the existing FEVER, FEVER 2.0 and FEVEROUS shared tasks. We will accept system description papers for all three previous shared tasks. For more information on the shared tasks please visit the following pages: FEVER<https://fever.ai/2018/task.html>, FEVER 2.0<https://fever.ai/2019/task.html> and FEVEROUS<https://fever.ai/task.html>.

Important dates:

Submission deadline:

* For papers submitted via OpenReview directly for review: 28th of February 2022

* For papers already reviewed via ARR: 12th of March 2022

Notification: 26th of March 2022

Camera-ready deadline: 10th of April 2022

Workshop: 26th of May 2022

All deadlines are 11.59 pm GMT

Best, Andreas -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 12795 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20220126/fd32b9bb/attachment.txt>