[Corpora-List] Call for Participation in the 2022 ACL Ethics Survey

KarŽn Fort karen.fort at sorbonne-universite.fr
Wed Jan 12 11:03:07 CET 2022

Dear colleagues,

The† ACL† has† recently† assembled† an† ethics† committee† to coordinate† the efforts for a unified approach to ethics in computational linguistics and natural language processing research. As part of this effort, we are writing to urge you to participate in this survey so that we may better understand our constituencies’ perspective on ethics.

We† hope† that† you† will† take† five† minutes† of† your† time to† fill† in† this† short survey† which† contains† only† seven short† questions,† where† you† can optionally elaborate your response in detail.

Please visit the anonymous survey here:

https://framaforms.org/acl-ethics-committee-initial-survey-1639473328

We urge you to participate so that our membership can get a sense of the current, global perspective about the role of ethics in CL/NLPresearch. We especially encourage responses from possibly underrepresented segments of our membership and other interested parties.

The survey closes on February 2, 2022 (three weeks from today). We hope to compile the results from the survey and disclose the analyzed results to the ACL membership by the end of February. Thank you for your participation!† Please spread the word of the survey to your constituents.

Sincerely,

The ACL Ethics Committee <acl-ethics-chairs at inria.fr> Lucia Benotti,† Mark Drezde,† KarŽn Fort,† Pascale Fung,† Dirk Hovy,† Min-Yen Kan, Jin Dong Kim, Malvina Nissim and Yulia Tsvetkov

-- KarŽn Fort MaÓtresse de Confťrences en informatique (Associate Professor in Computer Science) Sorbonne Universitť / Loria https://members.loria.fr/kfort Co-chair of the ACL Ethics Committee Member of the Sorbonne IRB (CER) Management Committee member, Language In The Human-Machine Era (LITHME) COST action, www.lithme.eu D211, Maison de la Recherche, 28 rue Serpente, 75006 Paris B228, LORIA, 615, rue du Jardin Botanique, 54600 Villers-lŤs-Nancy