Postdoc Fellow in Computational Linguistics
The Department of Language and Information (Institut fuer Sprache und Information), at the Heinrich-Heine-University Duesseldorf (Germany) invites applications for a 1-year full-time postdoc research position in Computational Linguistics (German salary scale 100% 13 TV-L), to begin July 1, 2022. The initial appointment is for 1 year, with a possibility of an extension.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research in computational linguistics and assume an energetic role in the preparation of grant proposals, and to advise PhD and MA students in the area of computational linguistics and related fields. Knowledge of German is not required.
- Completed Ph.D. degree (or an equivalent degree) in Computational Linguistics or Computer Science by the time of application.
- Expertise should include at least one of the following: recurrent neural networks for language models, distributional semantic models of linguistic meaning, probabilistic approaches to NLP, experience in experimental methodology.
The application should be submitted electronically in one .pdf file and include
- a short cover letter
- a full CV including a complete list of publications
- a brief statement of research experience and plans (1-2 pages)
- links to papers, writing samples, or electronic versions thereof
- the names and email addresses of 3 potential referees
Applications should be sent to filip at hhu.de, the subject line “CL Postdoc”.
For best consideration, application should be submitted by: March 1, 2022.
Contact Information: Prof. Hana Filip Email: filip at hhu.de -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5623 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20220105/fe2115a3/attachment.txt>