[Corpora-List] From Listadm: Corpora list will be terminated in the beginning of May after 30 years

jk at etinu.com jk at etinu.com
Wed Apr 27 15:54:57 CEST 2022

Dear Knut,

I remember the 1992 Nijmegen ICAME event well. We were all beginning to get used to the Email paradigm - then still only available on mainframe computers - and you persuaded that through the use of Email for mass mailings this would become the future. How right you were! The name of Bergen was already enshrined in the title of the LOB Corpus, but through the corpus archival facilities which you and your colleagues in Bergen were setting, you not only showed great pioneering vision and innovation, but put very large and ever-growing band of corpus linguists worldwide in your debt, as others have been acknowledging. If ICAME could remain involved or associated with the Corpus-list, I'm sure there would be no objections.

John