[Corpora-List] From Listadm: Corpora list will be terminated in the beginning of May after 30 years

Hoffmann, Sebastian, Univ.-Prof. Dr. hoffmann at uni-trier.de
Tue Apr 26 08:41:40 CEST 2022

Dear all, We all have a genuine interest in keeping the list alive as a fantastic source of information for the corpus-linguistic community. Given its strong ties to ICAME, I feel confident that the ICAME Board will find a practical solution to make this happen - and I'm happy to commit to liaising with Knut to ensure a smooth transition and long-term implementation. Sebastian

Von: corpora-bounces at uib.no<mailto:corpora-bounces at uib.no> <corpora-bounces at uib.no<mailto:corpora-bounces at uib.no>> Im Auftrag von Knut Hofland Gesendet: Montag, 25. April 2022 22:09 An: corpora at uib.no<mailto:corpora at uib.no> Betreff: [Corpora-List] From Listadm: Corpora list will be terminated in the beginning of May after 30 years

Dear list members,

I started the Corpora list after the 13th ICAME conference in Nijmegen in 1992 with 62 subscribers. The list has now more than 6200 subscribers.

The IT department at the University of Bergen has now decided to stop supporting Unix mail and have moved to Microsoft Exchange. The Mailman software used for running the Corpora list will therefore no longer be available. The archive files will not be available anymore. I know that some sites have been archiving the list. The Linguist List has an archive from March 1999 to February 2017.

If anybody would like to continue the list in any form either at their own site or using Mailman hosting or other software, I can provide the member list and a dump of the archive.

I will thank all the members of the list for having kept the list alive for 30 years.

Best regards Knut Hofland

---------------------------------------------- Sebastian Hoffmann Chair of the ICAME Board

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5235 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20220426/fc6b14be/attachment.txt>