[Corpora-List] From Listadm: Corpora list will be terminated in the beginning of May after 30 years

Michael Barlow mi.barlow at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 26 08:25:36 CEST 2022

Knut,

The list has been instrumental in developing the field. Thanks for all your contributions over the years.

Colleagues working on corpus linguistics within the Asia Pacific region may want to subscribe to the APCLA mailing list via

Best wishes,

Michael

---

Michael Barlow

Assoc. Prof. Applied Language Studies, University of Auckland

www.michaelbarlow.com

Asia-Pacific Corpus Linguistics Association -- apcla.net ________________________________ From: corpora-bounces at uib.no <corpora-bounces at uib.no> on behalf of Knut Hofland <knut.hofland at gmail.com> Sent: 26 April 2022 08:09 To: corpora at uib.no <corpora at uib.no> Subject: [Corpora-List] From Listadm: Corpora list will be terminated in the beginning of May after 30 years

Dear list members,

I started the Corpora list after the 13th ICAME conference in Nijmegen in 1992 with 62 subscribers. The list has now more than 6200 subscribers.

The IT department at the University of Bergen has now decided to stop supporting Unix mail and have moved to Microsoft Exchange. The Mailman software used for running the Corpora list will therefore no longer be available. The archive files will not be available anymore. I know that some sites have been archiving the list. The Linguist List has an archive from March 1999 to February 2017.

If anybody would like to continue the list in any form either at their own site or using Mailman hosting or other software, I can provide the member list and a dump of the archive.

I will thank all the members of the list for having kept the list alive for 30 years.

Best regards Knut Hofland

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 4398 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20220426/bc34e29d/attachment.txt>