CLEF-2022 CheckThat! Lab -- Call for Participation (apologies for cross-posting)
We invite you to participate in the 2022 edition of CheckThat!@CLEF. This
year, we feature three tasks that correspond to important components of the full fact-checking pipeline in multiple languages:
Task 1: Identifying Relevant Claims in Tweets (Arabic, Bulgarian, Dutch, English, Spanish, and Turkish)
- Subtask 1A: Check-Worthiness Estimation: Given a tweet, predict whether it is worth fact-checking by professional fact-checkers.
- Subtask 1B: Verifiable Factual Claims Detection. Given a tweet, predict whether it contains a verifiable factual claim.
- Subtask 1C: Harmful Tweet Detection. Given a tweet, predict whether it is harmful to society.
- Subtask 1D: Attention-Worthy Tweet Detection. Given a tweet, predict whether it should get the attention of policy makers.
Task 2. Detecting Previously Fact-Checked Claims
Given a check-worthy claim in the form of a tweet or a sentence in the context of a debate, and a set of previously fact-checked claims, determine whether the claim has been previously fact-checked. (English and Arabic)
- Subtask 2A: Detect Previously Fact-Checked Claims in Tweets: Given a tweet, detect whether the claim the tweet makes has been previously fact-checked with respect to a collection of fact-checked claims.
- Subtask 2B: Detect Previously Fact-Checked Claims in Political Debates/Speeches: Given a claim in a political debate or a speech, detect whether the claim has been previously fact-checked with respect to a collection of previously fact-checked claims.
Task 3. Fake news detection
Given the text and the title of an article, determine whether the main claim made in the article is true, partially true, false, or other (e.g., articles in dispute and unproven articles). This task is offered as a mono-lingual task in English and a cross-lingual task for English and German.
Further information: https://sites.google.com/view/clef2022-checkthat/home
Data repository: https://gitlab.com/checkthat_lab/clef2022-checkthat-lab/clef2022-checkthat-lab
Register and participate: https://clef2022-labs-registration.dei.unipd.it/registrationForm.php
22 April 2022: Registration closes
2 May 2022: End of the evaluation cycle
27 May 2022: Submission of participant papers [CEUR-WS]
11 June 2022: Notification of acceptance for the participant papers [CEUR-WS]
1 July 2022: Camera-ready version of the participant papers due [CEUR-WS]
5-8 September 2022: Conference (Bologna, Italy) -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 12289 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20220412/258677e0/attachment.txt>