[Corpora-List] PhD position in Language Modeling for Explainable AI

Krisztian Balog krisztian.balog at uis.no
Tue Sep 21 18:29:47 CEST 2021

The University of Stavanger invites applicants for a fully-funded PhD Fellowship in Language Modeling for Explainable AI.

Stavanger is located on the southwestern coast of Norway, in the Norwegian fjord region, offering some of the most majestic and spectacular scenery in the world. At the same time, the city is within easy access with a well-developed infrastructure for both national and international travelers.

Over the past years, the University of Stavanger has acquired a strong reputation for research in AI and information retrieval. UiS hosted the 10th International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval (ICTIR'20) and will host the 44th European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR'22).

We also have ongoing collaborations with top industry players, both nationally and internationally. The position is funded by SFI NorwAI, the new 8-year research-based innovation Center for AI Innovation (https://www.ntnu.edu/norwai). Here, we are joining forces with 15 partners from industry, universities and research institutes. Research areas cover competences that the Norwegian industry needs to develop cutting-edge theories, methods and technology, for efficient, effective and responsible exploitation of data-driven AI in innovative industrial solutions.

We offer competitive salary and excellent work-life balance.

We are looking for applicants with a strong academic background who have completed a five-year master degree (3+2) within Computer Science, more specifically within information retrieval or natural language processing (NLP), preferably acquired recently; or possess corresponding qualifications that could provide a basis for successfully completing a doctorate.

Further details: https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/211278/phd-fellowship-in-language-modeling-for-explainable-ai Application deadline: October 17, 2021

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3508 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20210921/830fd37b/attachment.txt>