[Corpora-List] Invitation to 4th webinar of NLP TALK by Prof. Bing Liu

Mehrnoush Shams fard m-shams at sbu.ac.ir
Wed Sep 15 16:54:09 CEST 2021

Dear All,

This is to announce the 4th webinar from NLP Talk Series to be held on September, 22th.

I would like to invite you all to this talk which will be presented by Prof. Bing Liu.

Also, it will be great if you forward the invitation to your colleagues and students.

Title : Continual Learning for Natural Language Processing Tasks

By: Bing Liu

Distinguished Professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Abstract:

The classic machine learning paradigm learns in isolation, which is only suitable for well-defined narrow tasks in closed environments. It is far from sufficient for truly intelligent systems, which must learn continually, accumulate the knowledge learned in the past, and selectively transfer the knowledge to help learn each new task. The machine learning paradigm, continual/lifelong learning, aims to achieve these goals. In this talk, I will first introduce the context of and motivation for continual learning and then discuss some of our recent work on continual learning of natural language processing tasks.

Time: Wednesday, September, 22, 2021

17:30 (IRDT) (UTC 3.30+) Tehran time

10:00 ( EDT) (UTC -4)

16:00 (CEST) (UTC+2)

14:00 (UTC)

Add to your calendar: http://evt.mx/1tzEaqTk

Link : http://nlp.sbu.ac.ir/webinars

Zoom Direct Link :

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_l-7CJSrPR-uX2xfYcbvAEQ

Also, the video of the previous talks are available on YouTube at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfkgTLkAqG5CL9a7tketaNQ

Regards Mehrnoush Shamsfard, PhD. Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering. NLP Research Lab, Head. Shahid Beheshti University Tehran, Iran

Follow us >>>>

Website : nlp.sbu.ac.ir

Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/sbunlplab

Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/company/sbunlplab

Twitter : https://twitter.com/SBUNLPLab?s=09

youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfkgTLkAqG5CL9a7tketaNQ

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 9343 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20210915/f1b8c842/attachment.txt>