We would like to invite you to the MEDDOPROF shared task overview session, which will be held as part of IberLEF 2021 and in conjunction with the XXXVII International Conference of the Spanish Society for Natural Language Processing, next *September 21st*.
MEDDOPROF focuses on the recognition and normalization of occupations in clinical texts in Spanish. Occupations have an important influence on our health. An entire medical specialty (occupational medicine) is centered around them, dealing with (amongst others) workplace accidents, exposure to toxic substances and pathogens, mental health impact, …
The current pandemic has also underscored this influence, as many people with specific occupations have been specially affected (for instance, health professionals and other essential workers). The detection of these terms should help researchers to better characterize health risks of specific occupations.
In the overview session, we will present the main aspects of the task and participants will present their systems. The program is included at the end of this email. Additionally, a shorter plenary session will be held in the evening.
If you want to know more, the shared task's paper was recently released on the SEPLN journal ( http://journal.sepln.org/sepln/ojs/ojs/index.php/pln/article/view/6393) and the participant system descriptions are available at CEUR ( http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2943/). You can also visit the MEDDOPROF website at https://temu.bsc.es/meddoprof/ and download the MEDDOPROF Gold Standard at https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5070540.
*Date: *September, 21st
*Registration: *https://form.jotform.com/cedi2020/inscripcioncedi The registration form is in Spanish, but the workshop is completely in English! If you need help with the formulary, please visit this link ( http://www.hitz.eus/sepln2021/?q=node/12) or write back to me and I'll try to help you.
- *Martin Krallinger*, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
- *Eulàlia Farre-Maduell*, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
- *Antonio Miranda Escalada*, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
- *Salvador Lima López*, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
- *Vicent Brivá-Iglesias*, Dublin City University, Ireland
- *Sophia Ananadiou*, Department of Computer Science, University of
- *Dina Demner-Fushman*, Tenure Track Investigator, Biomedical
Informatics Branch, Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical
- *Hercules Dalianis*, Professor in Computer and Systems Science,
Stockholm University, Sweden
- *Hongfang Liu*, Professor of Biomedical Informatics, Mayo Clinic
- *Josep Maria Haro Abad*, Institut de Recerca Sant Joan de Déu
- *Bradley Malin*, Accenture Professor of Biomedical Informatics,
Biostatistics, and Computer Science, Vanderbilt
- *Goran Nenadic*, Department of Computer Science, University of
- *Aurélie Névéol*, LIMSI-CNRS, Université Paris-Sud, France
- *Øystein Nytrø*, Department of Computer and Information Science,
Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet (NTNU)
- *Carlos Luis Parra Calderón*, Head of Technological Innovation at
Virgen del Rocío University Hospital, Institute of Biomedicine of Seville,
- *Kirk E. Roberts*, School of Biomedical Informatics, University of
Texas Health Science Center
- *Francisco Javier Sanz Valero*, Escuela Nacional de Medicina del
Trabajo, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Spain
- *Stefan Schulz*, Institute for Medical Informatics, Statistics and
Documentation, Medical University of Graz, Austria
- *Ashish Tendulkar*, Machine Learning Specialist at Google
- *Michelle Turner*, Assistant Research Professor at Barcelona Institute
for Global Health, Secretary-Treasurer International Society for
Environmental Epidemiology (ISEE)
- *Ozlem Uzuner*, George Mason University
- *Alfonso Valencia* *Herrera*, Barcelona Supercomputing Center
Local Time (CEST) - September 21nd, 2021 Title Presenter Affiliation 11:00-11:30 am Overview of the Plan TL/BSC MEDDOPROF Shared Task on Detection and Normalization of Occupations in Spanish Medical Documents Salvador Lima-López Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain 11:30-11:40 am NLNDE at MEDDOPROF: Boosting Transformers in a Low-Resource Setting Lukas Lange Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence, Germany 11:40-11:50 am Vicomtech at MEDDOPROF: Automatic Information Extraction and Disambiguation in Clinical Text Elena Zotova Vicomtech, Spain 11:50-12:00 am TALP at MEDDOPROF: Everything Transformers: Recognition, Classification and Normalisation of Professions and Family Relations Salvador Medina Herrera Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya, Spain 12:00-12:10 am EdIE-KnowLab at MEDDOPROF: BERT and Approximate String Matching for Automatic Recognition and Normalization of Professions in Spanish Medical Documents Víctor Suárez-Paniagua University of Edinburgh, UK 12:10-12:20 pm SINAI at MEDDOPROF: BERT Representations to Identify Professions and Employment Statuses in Health data José Alberto Mesa Murgado Universidad de Jaén, Spain 12:20-12:30 pm Conclusions and wrap-up on MEDDOPROF and ongoing Plan TL/BSC evaluation efforts Martin Krallinger Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
I hope to see you next week!
On behalf of the MEDDOPROF track organizers, Salvador Lima Lopez RESEARCH ENGINEER Life Sciences - Text Mining, BSC-CNS Barcelona, Spain -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 12283 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20210915/65a9d598/attachment.txt>