We invite you to submit your contribution to the upcoming December 2021 Edition of the SIGIR Forum, the official newsletter of the ACM Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval (SIGIR). The SIGIR Forum consists of two issues (June, December). It serves as a medium for disseminating general information and opinions on matters of interest to the IR community, conference and workshop reports, papers and book reviews, and Ph.D. dissertation abstracts.
*** Call for Contributions for the December 2021 issue ***
We invite contributions to the following categories, including:
- Reports of IR-related conferences and workshops: Reports from the chairpersons of IR-related workshops (such as the satellite workshops of SIGIR, JCDL, or CIKM, or other workshops such as NTCIR, INEX) or IR-related conferences other than SIGIR (such as ECIR, HLT, CHIIR, SPIRE, WWW, WSDM, or TREC, etc.);
- Papers from IR-related invited talks which are not published in full in the relevant conference proceedings;
- Papers describing new public infrastructures for IR research, such as in-depth descriptions of newly available test collections, newly available open-source or public domain IR software of particular relevance, new evaluation campaigns, etc.;
- Papers about funding initiatives, industry trends, connections between research and industry, legal issues that are of potential interest to the IR community at large;
- Any paper that, while of general interest to the IR community, is non-technical, and because of this would be unsuitable for publication in technical publishing forums such as the SIGIR Annual Conference;
- Book reviews, bibliographies of general interest to the IR community;
- Abstracts of recently published Ph.D. theses of interest to the general IR community.
Note: Unless specifically stated, contents of the SIGIR Forum do not represent the official position of SIGIR or ACM. Contributions to the Forum are unrefereed papers unless otherwise indicated. The editorial board may desk-reject papers if they are out of scope. From June 2020 onwards, the SIGIR Forum newsletter is continuing only online.
*** Important dates for the December 2021 Edition ***
- November 19, 2021: Deadline for contributions
- December 2021: Online publication
*** Submission Instructions ***
Manuscripts may be submitted to editors_SIGIR at acm.org
Kindly see http://sigir.org/forum/ for details on previous issues and submission instructions.
For informal inquiries about contributions, please contact the editors at editors_SIGIR at acm.org.
Tirthankar Ghosal (ÚFAL, Charles University, Prague)
Josiane Mothe (IRIT, Univ. de Toulouse)
Julián Urbano (Delft University of Technology)
Tirthankar Ghosal <https://elitr.eu/tirthankar-ghosal/>
Researcher, EU 2020 ELITR <https://elitr.eu>
*Institute *of Formal and Applied Linguistics <https://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/home-page>
*Charles University, Prague <https://cuni.cz/uken-1.html>*
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 14813 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20210905/9969b7af/attachment.txt>