[Corpora-List] [Request] Statistical Machine Translation model: Portuguese - English

Gustavo Zomer g.zomer at surrey.ac.uk
Thu Oct 14 10:47:14 CEST 2021

Dear all,

My name is Gustavo Zomer, and I'm a PhD student at the University of Surrey (UK). My research is on the development of a machine learning model to improve the English academic writing of researchers with English as L2 (mainly Portuguese and Spanish).

As part of my research, I use machine translation to generate training data for my models. I have already used Neural Machine Translation, but I'm now looking for a Statistical Machine Translation (SMT) model. SMT may be more relevant for generating training data because it yields lower-quality translation than NMT, and my research is looking at improving problematic L1-influenced sentences.

Does anyone know where I could find pre-trained Portuguese-English SMT models? Or does any of you have developed such models in the past and would like to share them (of course, with the proper acknowledgement)? For example, a Moses PT-EN pre-trained model would be quite helpful.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Gustavo Zomer

PhD Student

Centre for Translation Studies

University of Surrey

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 2663 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20211014/261e553f/attachment.txt>