[Corpora-List] Three Lecturers and one Research Associate Positions (deadline 12/10/2021)

Ha, L A. Ha.L.A at wlv.ac.uk
Wed Oct 6 10:46:10 CEST 2021

Dear corpora members, Apologies for cross posting. The newly established Responsible Digital Humanities Lab within the University of Wolverhampton is looking to fill three lecturers and one research associate positions. Please do have a look, apply, forward to colleagues, or ignore this email as you see fit. Many thanks, and all the best wishes.

Dr Le An Ha Senior Lecturer in Commercial Exploration of NLP Research Group in Computational Linguistics Research Institute of Information and Language Processing (RIILP) University of Wolverhampton Wulfruna Street, Wolverhampton WV1 1LY Tel: +441902518705

http://rgcl.wlv.ac.uk/2021/09/24/responsible-digital-humanities-lab-right-job-vacancies/ ========================================================================

Responsible Digital Humanities Lab (RIGHT) – Job Vacancies

​The Responsible Digital Humanities Lab (RIGHT) is the first of its kind in the UK and seeks to be a regional, national, and international leader in the field of Digital Humanities (DH). RIGHT’s priorities will be to advance the field of DH, foster strong collaboration across the University of Wolverhampton (UoW), and create tools, datasets and guidelines for ethical, responsible Natural Language Programming (NLP) focused DH. The emphasis on responsible DH makes it a unique, pioneering hub for advancing human-centred computing. We bring AI to the Humanities while also utilising active research in the Humanities, which engages with questions of ethics and the human experience, to guide responsible progress in AI.

RIGHT will harness NLP, corpus-based and Deep Learning expertise to deliver internationally leading research in Humanities disciplines such as Sikh and Panjabi Studies, History, Literature and Film Studies with impact reaching far beyond academia. It will develop a flagship DH initiative for Panjabi with the Centre for Sikh and Panjabi Studies. RIGHT will be situated within the Research Group in Computational Linguistics (RGCL), which has a strong track record of NLP and DH research, prestigious national and International collaborations, and strong collaborative links within UoW. RIGHT will be supported by the Statistical Cybermetrics Research Group (SCRG) and the Centre for Sikh and Panjabi Studies.

There are 3 Lecturer posts and one Research Associate for which we are currently recruiting.

Panjabi Digital Accessibility and Literary Heritage Research Associate<https://jobs.wlv.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3045&p_web_page_id=459426>

RIGHT Lecturer in Computer Vision and Deep Learning for Digital Humanities<https://jobs.wlv.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3045&p_web_page_id=459135>

RIGHT Lecturer in Corpus-based Digital Humanities<https://jobs.wlv.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3045&p_web_page_id=459137>

RIGHT Lecturer in Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning for Digital Humanities<https://jobs.wlv.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3045&p_web_page_id=459132>

The University of Wolverhampton celebrates diversity and recognises that difference brings value to our organisation.

As part of our commitment to ensure the diversity of staff reflects the diversity of the student and local communities we serve, we particularly welcome applications from candidates of Black, Asian, or Ethnic Minority heritage, and candidates who are Disabled (including people who whilst not self-defining as disabled do encounter challenges due to a society that ​imposes barriers through a lack of inclusivity.

We are proud to have been awarded Disability Confident employer status, included in the Stonewall list of employers and are working towards improving our practices against Athena Swan and the Race Equality Charter. We believe in creating an even playing field for all our colleagues, where we can all belong.

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 12287 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20211006/d208295d/attachment.txt>