Symposium Logic and Algorithms in Computational Linguistics 2021 (LACompLing2021) 10 - 17 December 2021, online
LACompLing2021 is part of the week Mathematical Linguistics (MALIN) 2021, Université de Montpellier (UM), Montpellier, France, 13 - 17 December 2021, Online
DESCRIPTION of LACompLing Computational linguistics studies natural language in its various manifestations from a computational point of view, both on the theoretical level (modeling grammar modules dealing with natural language form and meaning, and the relation between these two) and on the practical level (developing applications for language and speech technology). Right from the start in the 1950s, there have been strong links with computer science, logic, and many areas of mathematics - one can think of Chomsky's contributions to the theory of formal languages and automata, or Lambek's logical modeling of natural language syntax. The symposium assesses the place of logic, mathematics, and computer science in present day computational linguistics. It intends to be a forum for presenting new results as well as work in progress.
SCOPE of LACompLing The symposium focuses mainly on logical approaches to computational processing of natural language, and on the applicability of methods and techniques from the study of artificial languages (programming/logic) in computational linguistics. We invite participation and submissions from other relevant approaches too, especially if they can inspire new work and approaches.
The topics of LACompLing2021 include, but are not limited to:
- Computational theories of human language - Computational syntax - Computational semantics - Computational syntax-semantics interface - Interfaces between morphology, lexicon, syntax, semantics, speech, text, pragmatics - Computational grammar - Logic and reasoning systems for linguistics - Type theories for linguistics - Models of computation and algorithms for linguistics - Computational approaches of computational linguistics for domain specific areas - Language processing - Parsing algorithms - Generation of language from semantic representations - Large-scale grammars of natural languages - Multilingual processing - Computational theories and systems of reasoning in natural language - Data science in language processing - Machine learning of language - Interdisciplinary methods - Integration of formal, computational, model theoretic, graphical, diagrammatic, statistical, and other related methods - Logic for information extraction or expression in written and / or spoken language - Language theories based on biological fundamentals of information and languages - Computational neuroscience of language
LACompLing2021 is especially interested in topics on the interconnections between Logic, Language, and Argumentation, e.g.:
- Formal languages of reasoning and argumentation - Algorithms related to natural language of argumentation - theories, implementations, applications - Formal models of argumentations - Logic of preferences - Beliefs, attitudes, persuasions - theories and applications
Submission: 30 October 2021 Notifications: 6 November 2021 Final submissions: TBA ?? LACompLing2021: 13 - 17 December 2021
We welcome submissions of abstracts of presentations of original work. The intended papers should not be submitted concurrently to another conference or conference event and should not have been published or submitted for publication consideration elsewhere.
NOTE: We will not accept submissions that are on work submitted to another event at MALIN 2021, concurrently during the submission to LACompLing2021.
- Submission of abstracts of presentations: limited to 1 page, including the title, other heading material, about half of a page text, and references
- Authors can submit more than one abstract. Invited speakers can submit invited and contributed abstracts.
- The camera-ready submissions may require all the necessary typesetting sources, which are not in the standard LaTeX distribution
For LaTeX, authors are required to use Springer LNCS package. Styles and templates can be downloaded from Springer, for LaTeX (recommended!) and Microsoft Word:
For bibliography citations, please use BibTeX with:
SUBMISSIONS The submission Web page for LACompLing2021 is:
We will organize a post-conference, special volume after the symposium LACompLing2021, for publication of extended papers based on accepted abstracts with presentations at LACompLing2021. The submissions to the special volume have to be original, unpublished, and not concurrently submitted elsewhere. They will go through thorough peer reviews.
ORGANIZATION of LACompLing2021
CHAIRS of LACompLing2021
Roussanka Loukanova, IMI, BAS, Sofia, Bulgaria and Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden Reinhard Muskens, ILLC, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PROGRAM CHAIRS of LACompLing2021
Roussanka Loukanova, IMI, BAS, Sofia, Bulgaria and Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden Richard Moot, LIRMM-CNRS, Montpellier, France Christian Retoré, Université de Montpellier and LIRMM-CNRS, Montpellier, France
ORGANISATION of LACompLing2021 at Stockholm University
Peter LeFanu Lumsdaine, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden (local organiser, publication chair) Axel Ljungsröm, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden (local organiser, publication associate) Roussanka Loukanova, IMI, BAS, Sofia, Bulgaria and Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden (chair)
Contact LACompLing 2021 <lacompling2021 at easychair.org> -------------------------------- -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 6631 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20211003/5bb09d9a/attachment.txt>