[Corpora-List] SURVEY: do NLP papers always get matched with the right reviewers?

Anna Rogers anna.gld at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 18:42:12 CET 2021

[Apologies for cross-posting] We have all received unhelpful reviews for our conference and journal submissions. There are many problems with our peer review, but one of them is that it is hard to find good paper-reviewer matches for thousands of papers. If a reviewer is not interested in the paper or not qualified to review it, the result can be frustrating for both parties. NLP conferences constantly make changes to the peer review process, but so far there is very little data on the practical effect of those changes.

To find better solutions we need to *start by estimating what are the common problems*, and what the community believes should be done. For that purpose, researchers from the Center for Social Data Science at the University of Copenhagen are running a survey on the current paper-reviewer matching practices. We would love to hear from researchers at various career stages and in various roles - junior and senior, as *authors, reviewers and area chairs / action editors in the area of Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics.*

Please share your experience (good or bad) and your ideas about how things could be better! The survey is fully anonymous and takes 5-10 minutes to complete. Both the data and our analysis of it will be publicly available. The more people respond, the better information could potentially be taken into account by the future conference and workshop organizers.

- Survey for the reviewers: https://forms.office.com/r/LDtTxnQtKm

- Survey for the authors: https://forms.office.com/r/cDKba6pgQK

- Survey for the area chairs / action editors:

https://forms.office.com/r/uLzGHnJNFS

You are welcome to share your experience in all the roles you have performed. If you prefer to only respond once, and you have served as an area chair - this would be the most helpful, as there are fewer people in these roles.

If you have any questions about this study, please reach out to Terne Jacobsen (terne.thorn at sodas.ku.dk) or Anna Rogers (arogers at sodas.ku.dk). -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5844 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20211124/3994b482/attachment.txt>