[Corpora-List] Call for participating in Hope Speech Detection for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion-ACL 2022

Vigneshwaran Muralidaran vigneshwar.18 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 13:37:35 CET 2021

Dear All,

We are inviting researchers to participate in the second shared task associated with the workshop on Langauge Technology for Equality, Diversity, Inclusion (EDI) at ACL 2022 on hope speech detection. In this second shared task, we have updated datasets for Tamil, Malayalam and English. Data from two other languages, Kannada and Spanish, are also a part of this shared task.

Website: https://sites.google.com/view/lt-edi-2022/home Codalab link: https://competitions.codalab.org/competitions/36393#learn_the_details-overview

The goal of this task is to identify whether a given comment contains hope speech or not. We define the hope speech for our problem as "YouTube comments / posts that offer support, reassurance, suggestions, inspiration and insight". The participants will be provided development, training and test dataset in English, Tamil, and Malayalam. The annotations in the corpus are made at a comment / post level. A comment / post within the corpus may contain more than one sentence but the average sentence length of the corpora is 1. Given a Youtube comment, the systems submitted by the participants should classify it into 'Hope speech', 'Not hope speech' and 'Not in intended language'.

*Important Dates for shared task:*

Task announcement : Nov 20, 2021 Release of Training data : Nov 20, 2021 Release of Test data : Jan 14, 2022 Run submission deadline : Jan 30, 2022 Results declared : Feb 10, 2022 Paper submission : Mar 10, 2022 Peer review notification : Mar 26, 2022 Camera-ready paper due : April 5 2022 Workshop Dates : May 26-28, 2022

Regards, Vigneshwaran M -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3295 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20211124/948d38a1/attachment.txt>