[Corpora-List] Open English WordNet - 2021 Edition Released

John McCrae john at mccr.ae
Tue Nov 9 12:56:13 CET 2021

We are delighted to announce the release of Open English WordNet. This incorporates a large number of improvements from our active community, making it the largest and most accurate wordnet for English. You can browse the new version live at https://en-word.net <https://en-word.net>

Some of the most significant changes:

* Linking to Wikidata for over 6,000 entries

* Inclusion of pronunciation information for nearly 35,000 entries

* Homographs (such as 'bass') are now distinct

* Incorporation of sentence template information

* Adoption of Global WordNet Association v1.1 format

* Reorganization of syntactic behaviors to reduce file sizes

* Over 150 other community contributions

Download links:

* *GWA XML*: https://en-word.net/static/english-wordnet-2021.xml.gz

<https://en-word.net/static/english-wordnet-2021.xml.gz>

* *RDF*: https://en-word.net/static/english-wordnet-2021.ttl.gz

<https://en-word.net/static/english-wordnet-2021.ttl.gz>

* *WNDB*: https://en-word.net/static/english-wordnet-2021.zip

<https://en-word.net/static/english-wordnet-2021.zip> (for legacy

applications)

Open English WordNet has been developed by the community at https://github.com/globalwordnet/english-wordnet/ <https://github.com/globalwordnet/english-wordnet/>

I would like to especially thank the team from the ELEXIS project at the Insight SFI Centre for Data Analytics at NUI Galway for leading the development of this version as well as our many other contributors!

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 2348 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20211109/ef5ded11/attachment.txt>