IberLEF 2022 -- Call for Task Proposals
The goal of IberLEF is to encourage the research community to organize competitive text processing, understanding and generation tasks, with the aim of defining new research challenges and advancing the state of the art in Natural Language Processing challenges involving at least one of the following Iberian languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Catalan, Basque or Galician. Researchers and practitioners from all areas of Natural Language Processing and related communities are invited to submit task proposals that fit IberLEF goals by December 7, 2021.
Proposals must be submitted (as a pdf file) to iberlef at googlegroups.com, and should include the following fields:
- Title of the task.
- Description of the task, highlighting:
* Relevance and novelty of the task, and the challenges involved.
* Evaluation measures, and other relevant methodological aspects.
* Expected target community, and actual or potential industrial take up.
* Related evaluation activities, if any.
* Previous editions of the task, if any. If it has been organized previously, what is the roadmap and what are the novelties for 2022?
* Linguistic resources to be gathered, created and/or reused. Please include as many details on data gathering, selection and annotation procedures as possible: sources and representativity, training/validation/test sizes, harvesting procedures, the profile of annotators (experts, linguists, crowd workers, etc.), multiple annotation policy, IPR issues, baselines, etc.
* Tentative schedule (note that camera-ready versions of the proceedings must be ready by July 5, 2022).
- Organization committee: full name and affiliation of the organizers, with a succinct description of their research interests, areas of expertise and experience organizing similar events.
- Funding, if available.
- Contact person.
- Any other relevant issues.
Task organizers' duties
Note that organizers of accepted tasks are expected to:
- Setup the evaluation exercise according to the submitted proposal.
- Promote the task within the target research community.
- Manage the submission and scientific evaluation of the system description papers of the corresponding systems submitted by the participants. The accepted papers will be published in the IberLEF proceedings.
- Prepare and submit an overview of the evaluation exercise.
- Attend (at least one organizer) IberLEF 2022 and present the results of the task. We expect IberLEF 2022 to be a hybrid event, which can be attended onsite or online.
Task selection procedure
Each submitted proposal will be reviewed by members of the IberLEF steering and program committee, and decisions will be sent back to the task organizers by December 23, 2021.
IberLEF 2022 Proceedings including the description of the participating systems will be published at CEUR-WS.org. Task descriptions and overviews will be published in the journal Natural Language Processing ( http://www.sepln.org/en/journal, indexed in Clarivate ESCI and Elsevier SJR) in its September 2022 issue. Task Organizers are expected to send the camera-ready task and system description papers for their task to IberLEF organizers by July 5, 2022.
- Task proposals due: December 7, 2021.
- Notification of acceptance: December 20, 2021.
- Camera-ready submissions due: July 5, 2022.
- IberLEF Workshop: September 2022.
IberLEF general chairs:
Julio Gonzalo, UNED (Spain)
Manuel Montes y Gómez, INAOE (Mexico)
Francisco Rangel, Symanto (Spain)
E-mail: iberlef at googlegroups.com -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 19714 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20211108/4197f467/attachment.txt>