[Corpora-List] Call for participation in the third Webinar of NLPTALK Series by Christiane Fellbaum

Mehrnoush Shams fard m-shams at sbu.ac.ir
Fri Jul 30 13:47:36 CEST 2021

Dear All,

This is to announce the third webinar from the NLP Talk Series, to be held on August, 4th. I would like to invite you all to this talk which will be presented by Prof. Christiane D. Fellbaum. Also, it will be great if you forward the invitation to your colleagues and students.

Title : Scales in the Lexicon

by: Christiane D. Fellbaum Princeton University

Abstract: We discuss scalar predicates, focusing on emotion verbs. Such as like, love, and adore, and their representation in lexical resources. We compare partial orders and scales derived from corpora via lexical-semantic patterns (Horn 1972, Sheinman & Tokunaga 2009) as well as from human judgment in French and English. Finally, we examine the consistent alignment of scalar emotion expressions with emojis in internet communication.

Time: Wednesday , August 4, 2021 17:30 (IRDT) (UTC 4.30+) Tehran time 9:00 ( EDT) (UTC -4) 15:00 (CEST) (UTC+2) 13:00 (UTC)

Add to your calendar: https://add.eventable.com/events/60f90c8627a90305a8fff92b/60f90c8a0e90b1105c13d725

Link : http://nlp.sbu.ac.ir/webinars

Zoom Direct Link : https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_S1nTr_fJTKampAzFkeETqQ

Also, the video of the previous talks are available on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfkgTLkAqG5CL9a7tketaNQ

Regards Mehrnoush Shamsfard, PhD. Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering. NLP Research Lab, Head. Shahid Beheshti University Tehran, Iran

---------- Follow us >>>> Website : nlp.sbu.ac.ir Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/sbunlplab Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/company/sbunlplab Twitter : https://twitter.com/SBUNLPLab?s=09 youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfkgTLkAqG5CL9a7tketaNQ

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 14449 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20210730/2be2f2da/attachment.txt>