[Corpora-List] ESU DH 2021: Public Events

Europaeische Sommeruniversitaet-Kulturen und Technologien esu_ct at uni-leipzig.de
Fri Jul 30 08:22:13 CEST 2021

The postponed 11th European Summer University in Digital Humanities "Culture & Technology" takes place as promised from 03 to 13 August 2021 at the University of Leipzig. It is organised by Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Burr, Institute for Romance Studies, together with the Forum Digital Humanities Leipzig (FDHL).

As the Summer University, to our great regret, needs to take place now completely online, the Opening as well as the first public Lecture had, however, to be moved to 02 August 2021. Only with this move we could manage to schedule the 11 days programme in such a way, that all the participants dispersed across the world and across very different time zones can now actually participate, at a more or less reasonable time, in the interesting workshops (see https://esu.fdhl.info/workshops/[1]), and the experts can offer these workshops at a more or less reasonable time of their day as well. We wanted to allow all the participants and the lecturers of the Summer University obviously to participate also in the cultural programme and the public events scheduled during the Summer University (see https://esu.fdhl.info/schedule-provisional/[2]). The Summer University, in fact, does not intend to offer just a space for the discussions, acquisition, and further development of competencies in the usages of tools, methods, and technologies, but wants these to be seen as integral parts of the Digital Humanities.

We would like to invite you now to these public events. Please direct also students to them. As places are limited a registration is necessary (see https://esu.fdhl.info/[3] below "Participation"). Participation is free of charge. You find, in detail, 6 public lectures[4] which contribute diverse fields and questions of the Digital Humanities to the Summer University, 5 sessions during which mainly doctoral students give a presentation on their project or present it as a poster[5], and a panel discussion on Digital Humanities & Libraries[6]. Furthermore, we can offer teaser sessions where you can get information on the contents of each course and can put questions to the experts who teach them (see very soon below "Programme[7]").

We are looking forward to a vivid interest in this multifaceted and high quality programme and to exciting questions and discussions.

Elisabeth Burr on behalf of the whole team

Prof. (em.) Dr. phil. Elisabeth Burr

French, Francophone and Italian Linguistics

Director of the European Summer University in Digital Humanities "Culture & Technology"

University of Leipzig

Beethovenstr. 15

D-04107 Leipzig https://home.uni-leipzig.de/burr/

Links: ------ [1] https://esu.fdhl.info/workshops/ [2] https://esu.fdhl.info/schedule-provisional/ [3] https://esu.fdhl.info/ [4] https://esu.fdhl.info/lectures/ [5] https://esu.fdhl.info/project-presentation-sessions/ [6] https://esu.fdhl.info/panel/ [7] https://esu.fdhl.info/2021-2/ -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 15097 bytes Desc: HTML-Nachricht URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20210730/24738e77/attachment.txt>