[Corpora-List] Call for Participation and Posters: North Africans in NLP at ACL 2021

Khalil Mrini Khalil at ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 21 22:26:45 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to the North Africans in NLP social event at ACL 2021 on Wednesday, August 4th at 4pm GMT. As part of our social event, we are also organizing a poster session (non-archival). Junior researchers and students interested in NLP from North African institutions and beyond (academia and industry) are welcome to present a poster about their completed or ongoing research projects or ideas.

All nationalities are welcome! ACL registration is not required for participation or submission of posters.

Registration link for all participants: https://forms.gle/z4awUohiTzLvKvJfA

Poster presenters can choose to have their abstracts, bios, and posters posted on our website, and can request attendance certificates for this event. Each poster will be presented in 5 minutes including Q&A in the first part of the event. Then, we will have an informal social where researchers can meet the poster presenters and other participants via Zoom.

The deadline to submit the posters and abstracts is July 30th. Please fill in this form in order to submit your poster: https://forms.gle/gxM3inCPfKYHpVsh8

We hope to see you all at our event!

Kind regards,

The organizers

Meriem Beloucif, Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Hamburg (UHH).

Asma Ben Abacha, Staff Scientist at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health (NIH).

Khalil Mrini, PhD Candidate at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD).

Nedjma Ousidhoum, Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Cambridge.

Ibrahim Sharaf Elden, Lead Machine Learning Engineer at Factmata.

Website https://sites.google.com/view/NorthAfricansInNLP <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sites.google.com/view/NorthAfricansInNLP__;!!Mih3wA!Wf6xGTqe6e-1YzaVzAVJx2UQE2lksmbqH39VG4AV9t_AeA7HBYO8uIhBh-Dt9hs$>

Twitter @NorthAfricanNLP <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/NorthAfricanNLP__;!!Mih3wA!Wf6xGTqe6e-1YzaVzAVJx2UQE2lksmbqH39VG4AV9t_AeA7HBYO8uIhBN9NK4BA$>

Email northafricansinnlp at gmail.com

Linkedin North Africans in NLP <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/in/north-africans-in-nlp-31068b1ba/__;!!Mih3wA!Wf6xGTqe6e-1YzaVzAVJx2UQE2lksmbqH39VG4AV9t_AeA7HBYO8uIhBmaIsSH0$>

Facebook North African NLP <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.facebook.com/NorthAfricanNLP__;!!Mih3wA!Wf6xGTqe6e-1YzaVzAVJx2UQE2lksmbqH39VG4AV9t_AeA7HBYO8uIhBX9PeHnM$> ᐧ -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 13515 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20210721/7cb46ed2/attachment.txt>