Post-doctoral position in the framework of the Evolving Language NCCR (https://evolvinglanguage.ch)
* Job information * - Expected start date: September 1st 2021 - Contract length: 20-25 months - Activity rate: 80-100 % - Workplace: Lausanne-Dorigny, Switzerland
* Your qualifications * - PhD in computer science, data science, computational linguistics, or a related domain. - Autonomy and motivation to take part in a research project on computer-mediated communication (CMC) in the context of a multilingual and multidisciplinary national network. - Advanced skills in natural language processing (NLP), machine learning and web application development. - Fluency in written and spoken English, and knowledge of one or more Swiss national language. - Previous research experience in the field of CMC and/or sentiment/emotion analysis would be an asset.
* Your responsibilities * - Design and development of a web infrastructure for collecting WhatsApp chat donations in Swiss national languages. - Preprocess collected messages with NLP methods (formatting, anonymization, language identification, non-verbal cue detection, etc.). - Annotation of messages in terms of emotions through a combination of citizen science and machine learning. - Analysis of the data and communication of results in scientific papers and talks.
* Contact for further information * For further information, please contact Dr Aris Xanthos: aris.xanthos at unil.ch.
* Application deadline * 27.07.2021
* Your application * Please send your application in PDF format to aris.xanthos at unil.ch, including the following documents: - Cover letter - Curriculum Vitae including list of scientific publications - Copy of university degree certificates In your cover letter, please outline previous experiences you have in the technical domains relevant for this position (NLP, machine learning and web application development).
* Link to the job advertisement online (in French and English) * https://news.unil.ch/display/1625573907835
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 6113 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20210706/e65d31a0/attachment.txt>