We invite you to submit your contribution to the upcoming June 2020 Edition of the SIGIR Forum which is the official newsletter of the ACM Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval (SIGIR). The SIGIR Forum consists of two issues (June, December) and serves as a medium for the dissemination of general information and opinions on matters of interest to the IR community, conference and workshop reports, papers and book reviews, and Ph.D. dissertation abstracts.
*** Call for Contributions for the June 2020 issue ***
We invite contributions to the following categories including:
- Reports of IR-related conferences and workshops: Reports from the chairpersons of IR-related workshops (such as the satellite workshops of SIGIR, JCDL, or CIKM, or other workshops such as NTCIR, INEX) or IR-related conferences other than SIGIR (such as ECIR, HLT, SPIRE, or TREC);
- Papers from IR-related invited talks which have not been published in full in the relevant conference proceedings;
- Papers describing new public infrastructures for IR research, such as in-depth descriptions of newly available test collections, newly available open-source or public domain IR software of particular relevance, new evaluation campaigns, etc.;
- Papers about funding initiatives, industry trends, connections between research and industry, legal issues, that are of potential interest to the IR community at large;
- Any paper that, while of general interest to the IR community, is non-technical, and because of this would be unsuitable for publication in technical publishing forums such as the SIGIR Annual Conference;
- Book reviews, bibliographies of general interest to the IR community;
- Abstracts of recently published Ph.D. theses of interest to the general IR community.
Note: Unless specifically stated, contents of the SIGIR Forum do not represent the official position of SIGIR or ACM. Contributions to the Forum are unrefereed papers unless otherwise indicated. The editorial board may desk reject papers if they are out of scope. From June 2020 onwards the SIGIR Forum newsletter will continue only online.
*** Important dates for the June 2020 Edition ***
- 30th April 2020: Deadline for contributions
- June 2020: Online publication
*** Submission Instructions ***
Kindly see http://sigir.org/forum/ for details on templates, previous issues, and submission instructions (please note that the website is currently being updated).
For informal inquiries of contributions towards the June 2020 Edition, please contact the editors at editors_SIGIR at acm.org.
Tirthankar Ghosal (Indian Institute of Technology Patna)
Josiane Mothe (IRIT, Univ. de Toulouse)
Julián Urbano (Delft University of Technology)
Tirthankar Ghosal <https://www.linkedin.com/in/tirthankar-ghosal-ai>
Visvesvaraya Research Scholar <http://meity.gov.in/esdm/phd-scheme> (Computer Science and Engineering)
Elsevier Center of Excellence for Natural Language Processing <http://www.iitp.ac.in/~ai-nlp-ml/collaboration.html>
Indian Institute of Technology Patna <http://www.iitp.ac.in/>
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 16088 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200321/255aa854/attachment.txt>