Final Call For Participation: Shared Task On Metaphor Detection
Due to the upheaval caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, we decided to extend the deadline for submission of predictions to April 11, to give more time to participants who were not able to give it as much time as they intended due to the need to accommodate to the new realities of shortages, curfews, and working from home.
Please note that this leaves only 7 days between the submission of predictions and the submission deadline for the shared task paper to be presented at the Workshop on Figurative Language Processing @ACL 2020. The April 18 deadline for paper submissions is not being extended since it depends on the ACL 2020 workshop proceedings deadlines and these have not changed. We therefore strongly recommend that participants start writing in parallel with refining their systems.
For more information about the shared task and to participate visit https://competitions.codalab.org/competitions/22188
Important Dates (updated)
* January 12, 2020: 1st CFP for the shared task; CodaLab competition is open; training data and auxiliary scripts can be downloaded
* February 12, 2020: 2nd CFP for the shared task; test data can be downloaded and results submitted; performance will be tracked on CodaLab dashboard
* April 11, 2020: Last day for submitting predictions on test data
* April 18, 2020: Papers describing the systems are due. For paper submission information, visit https://sites.google.com/view/figlang2020/submission-information,
* May 8, 2020: Notifications for papers are sent
* May 18, 2020: Camera Ready version of papers
* July 9, 2020: Workshop on Figurative Language Processing @ ACL 2020 in Seattle, WA (https://sites.google.com/view/figlang2020/)
* Ben Leong<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=T4HyHQIAAAAJ&hl=en>, Educational Testing Service; cleong [AT] ets [DOT] org
* Beata Beigman Klebanov<https://sites.google.com/site/beatabeigmanklebanov/>, Educational Testing Service, bbeigmanklebanov [AT] ets [DOT] org
* Rutuja Ubale<https://rutujaubale.github.io/>, Educational Testing Service, rubale [AT] ets [DOT] org
* Chris Hamill, Educational Testing Service, chamill [AT] ets [DOT] org
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.
Thank you for your compliance.
________________________________ -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 7902 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200320/7613be08/attachment.txt>