[Corpora-List] PAN task on profiling fake news spreaders on Twitter: training set released

Anastasia Giachanou agiahanou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 21:11:21 CET 2020

Apologies for cross-posting

Call for participation: TRAINING SET RELEASED

PAN 2020 shared task on Profiling Fake News Spreaders on Twitter

Shared Task Website:

https://pan.webis.de/clef20/pan20-web/author-profiling.html

Fake news has become one of the main threats of our society. Although

fake news is not a new phenomenon, the exponential growth of social

media has offered an easy platform for their fast propagation. A great

amount of fake news, and rumors are propagated in online social

networks with the aim, usually, to deceive users and formulate

specific opinions. Users play a critical role in the creation and

propagation of fake news online by consuming and sharing articles with

inaccurate information either intentionally or unintentionally. To

this end, in this task, we aim at identifying possible fake news

spreaders on social media as a first step towards preventing fake news

from being propagated among online users.

After having addressed several aspects of author profiling in social

media from 2013 to 2019 (bot detection, age and gender, also together

with personality, gender and language variety, and gender from a

multimodality perspective), this year we aim at investigating if it is

possible to discriminate authors that have shared some fake news in

the past from those that, to the best of our knowledge, have never

done it. As in previous years, we propose the task from a multilingual

perspective, both in English and in Spanish.

Important dates

Training data set already released:

https://zenodo.org/record/3692319#.Xlzr1yFKiUk

March 31, 2020: Early bird software submission (optional)

April 28, 2020: Software submission deadline

May 24, 2020: Participant paper submission

June 14, 2020: Peer review notification

June 28, 2020: Camera-ready participant papers submission

TBD: Early bird conference registration

September 22-25, 2020: Conference

Task Organizers

Francisco Rangel

Symanto

Paolo Rosso, Bilal Ghanem, Anastasia Giachanou

Universitat Politècnica de València

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 7342 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200302/c6dd6bb6/attachment.txt>