[Corpora-List] Call for abstracts: 41st TABU Dag Linguistics Conference, Groningen

Gosse Minnema gosseminnema at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 11:19:09 CET 2020

Call for abstracts - TABU Dag 2020

The Center for Language and Cognition Groningen is pleased to announce the 41th TABU Dag, which will take place at the University of Groningen (the Netherlands) on June 11th & 12th, 2020. TABU Dag is an annual international broad linguistics conference which offers excellent opportunities to meet other linguists and discuss current research. Graduate students and (post-)doctoral researchers in particular are encouraged to present their work.

We are very pleased to announce that the keynote speakers of this year’s edition are:

-

Jos van Berkum <https://www.uu.nl/staff/JJAvanBerkum> (Utrecht

University)

-

Aurélie Herbelot <https://aurelieherbelot.net/> (University of Trento)

-

Hedwig te Molder

<https://www.wur.nl/en/Persons/Hedwig-prof.dr.-HFM-Hedwig-te-Molder.htm>

(Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Wageningen University)

-

Benjamin Munson <https://sites.google.com/a/umn.edu/benjaminmunson/>

(University of Minnesota)

We invite abstracts (in English) in any field of linguistics including, but not limited to: syntax and semantics, phonetics and phonology, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, developmental linguistics, language acquisition, speech production, discourse and communication, computational linguistics, and neurolinguistics. Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words excluding title, keywords, and references. Abstracts should be submitted on EasyChair via this <https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=tabu41#> link. Read more about the submission instructions here <http://www.let.rug.nl/tabudag/submission_instructions.php>.

This edition of TABU Dag will again be characterized by a highly interactive format, as we accept abstracts for oral presentations as well as for posters with a poster pitch. The oral presentations will be organized into parallel sessions according to presentation topic. Poster presentations will be held on both days of TABU Dag 2020. Each presenter will have the chance to speak for 1 minute in front of the entire audience and introduce their research in a poster pitch. The pitches will be followed by the poster sessions, which leaves enough time and space for a deeper exchange about the research. More information about the format will become available here <http://www.let.rug.nl/tabudag/format.php>.

In addition to oral and poster presentations, this year we will also organize a workshop on eye-tracking research conducted by Sam Hutton (SR Research) on Friday. More information about the workshop and how to sign up will soon become available here <http://www.let.rug.nl/tabudag/workshop.php> .

Important dates and information

-

The deadline for abstract submission is March 19th, 2020.

-

Notification of acceptance will be sent no later than April 6th, 2020.

-

Registration will be possible from the beginning of April.

-

The official language of the conference is English.

-

Abstracts should be submitted on EasyChair

<https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=tabu41#>.

-

For further information, please visit the TABU Dag website

<http://www.tabudag.nl>.

-

Conference location: University of Groningen, the Netherlands.

-

Contact: tabudag at rug.nl <tabuday at rug.nl> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 19470 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200131/da4d0359/attachment.txt>