[Corpora-List] Call for Papers: International FrameNet Workshop 2020 @ LREC

Tiago Timponi Torrent tiago.torrent at ufjf.edu.br
Thu Jan 16 19:31:22 CET 2020

International FrameNet Workshop 2020: *Towards a Global, Multilingual FrameNet*

The International FrameNet Workshop 2020: Towards a Global, Multilingual FrameNet, collocated with LREC, in Marseille, France, will bring together researchers in Frame Semantics and Construction Grammar, two areas which have traditionally been interrelated, but which have been developing somewhat independently in recent years. It is also addressed at language technology researchers working with language resources based on Frame Semantics or Construction Grammar. IFNW 2020 follows from three previous editions, one in 2018, held in Miyazaki, Japan <http://www.ufjf.br/ifnw/>, one in 2016, held in Juiz de Fora, Brazil <https://www.ufjf.br/iccg9/home/international-framenet-workshop/>, and one in 2013, held in Berkeley, USA <https://spraakbanken.gu.se/eng/Forskning/SweFN/FrameNetWS2013>. Important dates

-

Paper Submission: Feb. 15th, 2020 (GMT-12)

-

Author notification: March 13th, 2020

-

Camera-ready papers due: April 2nd, 2020

-

Workshop: May 16th, 2020

------------------------------ Call for papers

Starting from the original FrameNet project (for English) at the International Computer Science Institute (ICSI), projects for lexical resources based on Frame Semantics have sprouted in more than a dozen countries, with major efforts including Spanish, Japanese, Swedish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, German, French, Korean, Dutch, Latvian, Finnish, and Hebrew, and a variety of other languages. Continuing the series of International FrameNet Workshops in 2013, 2016, 2017, and 2018, this one-day workshop will promote the exchange of ideas, data, techniques, and software among these projects and their many users. We welcome papers discussing the differences and similarities between work on Frame Semantics in different languages from both theoretical and practical perspectives.

The theoretical papers might include questions such as:

-

What determines which frames are similar (or essentially identical)

across languages? How can we characterize the differences between frames

across languages?

-

What can we learn from parallel annotation in general and the current

TED talk parallel annotation in particular? How does that relate to

translation theory and practice?

-

What can we learn from or contribute to other meaning representations

such as PropBank <https://propbank.github.io/>, AMR

<https://amr.isi.edu/>, UCCA <http://www.cse.huji.ac.il/> predicate

logic, etc.? How can we integrate frames for general vocabulary with those

for specialized domains? Are there semantic domains where Frame Semantics

does not seem applicable?

Practical papers might discuss questions such as:

-

How can we improve collaboration between Frame Semantic projects for

different languages? Are there methods to design databases, create

software, do annotation, etc. that will facilitate reuse, especially by new

projects? What role could/should/do machine learning and machine

translation play in developing FrameNets?

-

What policies regarding public release of data are in place for each

project? Should we aim at a common policy? Should there be limitations on

the use of FrameNet data? If so, what? What role does/could commercial

support play in your work?

-

What relation is there now or should there be between projects which are

primarily based on Frame Semantics and those primarily based on

Construction Grammar? Between Frame Semantic projects and those based on

other meaning representations or aggregations of representations, such as

Uby

<https://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/ukp/research_6/data/lexical_resources/uby/index.en.jsp>

, BabelNet <https://babelnet.org/>, and Framester

<https://github.com/framester/Framester/wiki/Framester-Documentation>?

Part of the meeting will be devoted to presentation of oral papers and posters. However, given the very different situations of the various projects, we will also allow ample time for small group and informal discussions, which are often the best way to promote mutual understanding and cooperation, and to resolve practical questions.

All submissions must follow the LREC formatting guidelines and be submitted via the START page <https://www.softconf.com/lrec2020/Framenet2020/>. When submitting a paper, authors will be asked to provide essential information about resources (in a broad sense, i.e. also technologies, standards, evaluation kits, etc.) that have been used for the work described in the paper or are a new result of your research. Moreover, ELRA encourages all LREC authors to share the described LRs (data, tools, services, etc.) to enable their reuse and replicability of experiments (including evaluations).

https://globalframenet.org/ifnw2020 -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 11181 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200116/57711264/attachment.txt>