[Corpora-List] Shared Task on Sarcasm Detection

Beigman Klebanov, Beata bbeigmanklebanov at ets.org
Wed Jan 15 19:34:24 CET 2020

A shared task on Sarcasm Detection

As part of the FigLang 2020 workshop, we are organizing a shared task on sarcasm detection. Sarcasm detection has received considerable attention in the NLP community in recent years (Joshi, 2016). This current shared task aims to study the role of conversation context for sarcasm detection (Ghosh et al., 2018). We will be using two different datasets: Twitter conversations and conversation threads from Reddit. For both datasets, we will provide the immediate context (i.e., only the previous dialogue turn) as well as the full dialogue thread, when available. The goal is to understand how much conversation context is needed or helpful for sarcasm detection.

For more information about the shared task and to participate visit our CodaLab site<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fcompetitions.codalab.org%2Fcompetitions%2F22247&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGWNqb_zTYjCeiR0pn1TjKGcLvpig>.

Important dates:

* January 19, 2020: CodaLab competition is open; training data can be downloaded

* February 19, 2020: Test data can be downloaded, and results submitted; performance will be tracked on CodaLab dashboard

* March 22, 2020: Last day for submitting predictions on test data

* April 18, 2020: Papers describing the systems are due

* May 8, 2020: Notification of acceptance

* May 18, 2020: Camera-ready papers due

* July 9-10, 2020: Workshop

Contact

* Debanjan Ghosh<mailto:dghosh at ets.org>

* Smaranda Muresan<mailto:smara at columbia.edu>

Thank you for your compliance.

________________________________ -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 9559 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200115/264ea416/attachment.txt>