Natural Language Processing (NLP) plays an irreplaceable role in modern e-commerce applications. The e-commerce setting presents exciting novel research opportunities in NLP space.
The workshop concerns all areas of NLP related to e-commerce (but not constrained to the area), and we welcome topics in any perspectives of NLP which is potentially useful for E-Commerce applications. We invite submissions from both academia and industry. In particular, we encourage submissions from researchers with under-represented demographics. We will invite full and short papers on topics including but not limited to the following.
Topics of Interests:
• Information Extraction
• NLP for Low Resource Settings
• Attribute extraction from e-commerce product description
• Entity resolution
• Linguistic analysis of commerce data
• Conversational commerce including QA and chat bots
• Dialog system
• Cross-lingual search
• Universal products ranking
• Machine translation in e-commerce
• Knowledge distillation methods
• Domain adaptation
• Unsupervised/semi-supervised structured prediction
• Multimodal NLP approaches
• Fake review detection
• Reviews, sentiment analysis and attribute extraction
• Multilingual Semantic Analysis
• Semantic representation and understanding for users, products, queries, and services
• Error correction
• Techniques for processing short/ungrammatical/non-standard text
• Efficiency and scalability
• Human-in-the-loop product recommendation
Submission Deadline: May 20, 2020
Acceptance Notification: Jun 24, 2020
Camera-ready Deadline: Jul 11, 2020
Workshop Date: Sep 13, 2020
Please make submission at https://www.softconf.com/coling2020/EComNLP/.
Formatting guidelines will be the same as COLING paper guidelines: https://coling2020.org/pages/submission. We welcome both full paper and short paper submissions.