due to many requests and expressed interest, the submission deadline for NooJ 2020 has been extended.
The new deadline for abstract submission is now 27 January 2020.
14th NooJ 2020 International Conference
4-6 June 2020
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Zagreb (Croatia) and
the ELLIADD laboratory of the University of Franche-Comté (France),
are organizing the NooJ 2020 International Conference
in Zagreb, Croatia
on June 04-06, 2020
THE CONFERENCE INTENDS TO:
* give NooJ users and researchers in Linguistics and in Computational Linguistics the opportunity to meet and share their experience as developers, researchers and teachers;
* present the latest linguistic resources and NLP applications developed for/with NooJ, its latest functionalities, as well as its future developments;
* offer researchers and graduate students two tutorials (one basic and one advanced) to help them parse corpora and build NLP applications using NooJ;
* provide an occasion to present and discover the recent developments of NooJ itself (v5).
NooJ is a free, open source linguistic development environment software as well as a corpus processor. NooJ provides linguists with tools to develop dictionaries, Regular Grammars, Context-Free Grammars, Context-Sensitive Grammars, and Unrestricted Grammars as well as their graphical equivalents to formalize each linguistic phenomenon. NooJ's multi-layer approach allows linguists to accumulate elementary descriptions across different linguistic levels.
NooJ is used in the Digital Humanities as it allows researchers in the Humanities and in Social sciences to apply sophisticated queries to large corpora in real time, in order to construct indices and concordances, annotate texts automatically and perform statistical analyses, etc. NooJ's linguistic engine has been inserted into a large number of NLP applications such as automatic semantic annotators, Named Entities Recognizers, Information extractors, Paraphrase Generation, Business Intelligence, Machine Translation, Web Semantics, etc.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
* Linguistic resources: Typography, Spelling, Syllabification, Phonemic and Prosodic transcription, Morphology, Lexical Analysis, Local Syntax, Structural Syntax, Transformational Analysis, Paraphrase Generation, Semantic annotations, Semantic analysis, Description of rare and endangered languages.
* Digital Humanities: Corpus Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, Literature Studies, Second-Language Teaching, Narrative content analysis, Corpus processing for the social sciences.
* NLP applications: Text Parsing, Text Generation, Text Annotation, Paraphrase Generation, Business Intelligence, Machine Translation, Sentiment Analysis.
* Professor Simon Krek
Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at "Jožef Stefan" Institute and Head of the Centre for language resources and technologies, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Project Leader of H2020 European Lexicographic Infrastructure
* Professor Anita Peti-Stantić
University of Zagreb, Croatia
Project Leader of The Building Blocks of Croatian Mental Grammar: Constraints of Information Structure (MEGACRO)
We invite contributors/researchers to submit their abstracts in English until 15 January 2020.
Abstracts should contain the title, name, institution and email of the author(s). Abstracts should be between 300 and 600 words (references not included) and should be uploaded to EasyChair https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=nooj2020.
The scientific committee will review all proposals and authors will be given notice of acceptance of their papers no later than 01 March 2020. All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference.
The camera-ready versions of the abstracts should be submitted electronically in an open format (DOCX). All camera-ready abstracts will be inserted in the "NooJ 2020 Book of Abstracts".
After the conference, the Program Committee will select a number of presented papers for publication in the "Communications in Computer and Information Science" series of Springer Verlag.
CCIS is abstracted/indexed in DBLP, Google Scholar, EI-Compendex, Mathematical Reviews, SCImago, Scopus. CCIS volumes are also submitted for the inclusion in ISI Proceedings.
*Abstract submission: 27 January 2020
*Notification of acceptance: 01 March 2020
*Camera-ready abstract submission: 20 March2020
*Early Registration: until 01 April 2020
*Late Registration: after 01 April 2020
Further information about the conference can be found at the NooJ 2020 conference website (http://nooj2020.ffzg.unizg.hr/) or by email to nooj2020 at ffzg.hr <mailto:nooj2020 at ffzg.hr>
Kristina Kocijan, Associate Professor
| @ krkocijan at ffzg.hr <mailto:krkocijan at ffzg.hr> | P +385 1 4092 318 |
| A Department of Information and Communication Sciences, Faculty of
Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb, Ivana Lučića 3 10 000 Zagreb |
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 13786 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200114/9ec1e822/attachment.txt>