==== Call for Abstracts ====
The Middle Eastern Studies Department (MESD) at the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS) in Hamad Bin Khalifa University is proud to host the first International Workshop on Digital Humanities / Computational Linguistics in the Middle East. The workshop will be held on 20-21 April 2020 in the Education City in Doha (Qatar) and it will be co-located with the inaugural Middle East Conference (MEC) <https://www.hbku.edu.qa/en/mec>. We expect participants with expertise from a broad range of disciplines including Digital Humanities, Corpus Linguistics, Computational linguistics, and Computational Social Sciences.
Workshop Webpage: https://sites.google.com/view/arabic-lt/ Travel Funding
Authors of accepted abstracts will have their travel cost to Doha (Qatar) fully funded (Economy class airfare) + Accommodation in a five stars hotel + Registration fees waived (only 1 author per submission). Important Dates
Abstract submission Deadline: 16 January 2020 23.59 (PST).
February 16, 2020: Notification of abstract acceptance.
February 1 - April 21, 2020: Registration open.
Workshop: April 20-21 2020 Organizers
Wajdi Zaghouani (College of Humanities and Social Sciences, HBKU)
George K. Mikros (College of Humanities and Social Sciences, HBKU)
Marc Owen Jones (College of Humanities and Social Sciences, HBKU) Workshop Topics and Themes included but are not limited to the following:
- Challenges of Arabic social media processing
- Opinion mining and social media analytics
- The credibility of online Arabic content
- Language Resources for Semitic Languages (dictionaries, annotated
data, corpus, etc.)
- Methodologies and tools for Language Resources construction and
- Guidelines, standards and best practices for Language Resources
- Digital Humanities and their application
- Social media, disinformation, propaganda and information controls
- Language technologies and their application
- Opinion mining and social media analytics.
- Multilingual issues, language coverage, and diversity
- Computational Social Sciences in the context of the MENA region
The language of the workshop will be English.
Proposals of 500-600 words should be submitted using the link below :
*Abstract Submission Link.* <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSemXHdffSjneXlQwhtOwF4NVoWztD5OtVEfY79arrhnrHqhWw/viewform>
Abstracts would be reviewed by the workshop organizers and authors of selected abstracts would be offered a time slot for a short presentation (15 minutes each) to present their ideas + 5 minutes for the questions. The submitted abstract will be published online on this website.
*Wajdi Zaghouani, Ph.D.*
*Assistant Professor* College of Humanities and Social Sciences
P.O. Box 34110 | Education City | Doha, Qatar tel: +974 4454 5601 | mob: +974 33454992
wzaghouani at hbku.edu.qa| Office A141, LAS Building -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 7896 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200109/aad32b2c/attachment.txt>