News: The training data has been released. If you wish to access it, you need to register to the shared task here: https://forms.gle/LFsVaw6DqYikhKHx9
Held at COLING 2020 as part of the FNP-FNS 2020 workshop.
13 September, Barcelona, Spain.
Shared Task URL: http://wp.lancs.ac.uk/cfie/fintoc2020/
Workshop URL: http://wp.lancs.ac.uk/cfie/fnp2020/
Participation Form: https://forms.gle/LFsVaw6DqYikhKHx9
The FinTOC’2 shared task aims to bring together the community of researchers interested in Financial Document Processing and Document Layout Analysis to advance the state of the art in the automatic processing of financial documents. This task focuses on the automatic generation of reports' Table Of Contents (henceforth TOC), as it is a key building block in the semantic analysis of financial documents. Generating the TOC requires detecting the span of all document sections and subsections, identifying their titles, and organising them into a hierarchy. It is a well-known fact that extracting document structure is a key step in information processing. For example sections can be used to determine areas where algorithms can be applied, such as Information Extraction, thus reducing false positives rate and irrelevant noise.
This is the second edition of the FinTOC shared task which will be held at COLING 2020 in Barcelona (Spain) as part of the FNP-FNS 2020 workshop. Last year’s edition received significant interest, particularly on the Title Detection track. Our aim this year is to increase interest by:
- lowering the barriers to the entry to the TOC extraction track, and
- opening up the task to a new language: French. We are particularly interested in systems which can be applied to both English and French languages.
This second edition proposes two tracks: one track per language, and it will score systems on both Title detection and TOC generation performance. We have revised the task and greatly simplified data formats to make it as smooth as possible for every interested researcher to participate and submit their systems’ outputs at FinTOC’2.
Each of the participating teams will be asked to submit a short paper describing their methods and solutions to be presented at the workshop.
To register your interest in participating in FinTOC’2 shared task please use the following google form by no later than April 6th, 2020: https://forms.gle/LFsVaw6DqYikhKHx9
Soon after, you will receive a link to download the training data.
December 1st, 2020: Registration opens.
February 17th, 2020: Release of training set & scoring scripts.
March 23rd, 2020: Release of test set.
April 6th, 2020: Registration deadline.
April 13th, Submission deadline.
May 1st, 2020: Release of results.
Sep 13th, 2020: Workshop day.
For any questions on the shared task please contact us on:
fin.toc.task at gmail.com
Shared task organizers:
- Najah-Imane Bentabet, Fortia Financial Solutions
- Ismail El Maarouf, Fortia Financial Solutions
- Mahmoud El-Haj, Lancaster University
- Remi Juge, Fortia Financial Solutions
- Dialekti Valsamou-Stanislawski, Fortia Financial Solutions
- Virginie Mouilleron, Fortia Financial Solutions -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 16081 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200219/579f6278/attachment.txt>