Natural Language Processing (NLP) plays an irreplaceable role in modern E-Commerce applications. We invite submission of research and industry papers to the NLP in E-Commerce (EComNLP) workshop. The workshop will take place on September 13th, 2020 in Barcelona, Spain, co-located with COLING. The program will include oral and poster presentations of NLP research, as well as keynote speeches by (confirmed) invited speakers from Alibaba, Microsoft, and University of Edinburgh.
The workshop concerns all areas of NLP related to, but not constrained to, E-Commerce. We welcome topics in any perspectives of NLP which can be potentially useful for E-Commerce applications. We invite submissions from both academia and industry. In particular, we encourage submissions from researchers with under-represented demographics. We will invite full and short papers on topics including but not limited to the following.
Topics of Interests:
• Information Extraction
• NLP for Low Resource Settings
• Attribute extraction from e-commerce product description
• Entity resolution
• Linguistic analysis of commerce data
• Conversational commerce including QA and chat bots
• Dialog system
• Cross-lingual search
• Universal products ranking
• Machine translation in e-commerce
• Knowledge distillation methods
• Domain adaptation
• Unsupervised/semi-supervised structured prediction
• Multimodal NLP approaches
• Fake review detection
• Reviews, sentiment analysis and attribute extraction
• Multilingual Semantic Analysis
• Semantic representation and understanding for users, products, queries, and services
• Error correction
• Techniques for processing short/ungrammatical/non-standard text
• Efficiency and scalability
• Human-in-the-loop product recommendation
Submission Deadline: May 20, 2020
Acceptance Notification: Jun 24, 2020
Camera-ready Deadline: Jul 11, 2020
Workshop Date: Sep 13, 2020
Please make submission at https://www.softconf.com/coling2020/EComNLP/.
Formatting guidelines will be the same as COLING paper guidelines: https://coling2020.org/pages/submission. We welcome both full paper and short paper submissions.