Teaching and learning Building, University of Birmingham, UK
11th March 2020
The Centre for Corpus Research, in association with the Institute of Advanced Studies and the Institute for Global Innovation, invites you to a series of talks offering different perspectives on the practice and assessment of interdisciplinary research.
1:30-3:00pm: Linguistic perspectives on Interdisciplinary Research
The topic of the first session will be: writing, speaking and getting published in interdisciplinary research.
The speakers include:
* Paul Thompson and Susan Hunston, authors of Interdisciplinary Research Discourse (2019, Routledge);
* Seongsook Choi (University of Edinburgh), co-author of Interdisciplinary Discourse: Communicating Across Disciplines (2017, Palgrave MacMillan)
3:30-5:00pm: The practice and assessment of Interdisciplinary Research
Topics in the second session will include: Assessing interdisciplinary research: UKRI and publishers’ perspectives; using Corpus Linguistics in interdisciplinary research.
The speakers will be:
* Kirsty Grainger, Programme Lead for the UKRI Future Leaders Fellowships Programme
* Andrew Plume, Director of the International Center for the Study of Research, Elsevier publishers
* Michaela Mahlberg, Director of the Centre for Corpus Research and Director of Research, College of Arts and Law
The talks will be followed by a wine reception, from 5 pm.
This event marks the publication in December 2019 of the book Interdisciplinary Research Discourse (P. Thompson & S. Hunston) (http://tinyurl.com/sqs9hmk).
The event is open to all, particularly those with an interest in the management, the assessment, the encouragement and the practice of interdisciplinary research and/or applications of linguistic analysis to interdisciplinary research discourses.
The event is free, but please register at EventBrite:
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 6103 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20200206/a8ed1bc6/attachment.txt>