[Corpora-List] permanent research position in language technology in Oslo, Norway

Pierre Lison plison at ifi.uio.no
Sat Feb 1 23:06:47 CET 2020

We have a vacancy for a permanent research position in language technology at the Norwegian Computing Center (NR) in Oslo, Norway. We seek candidates with broad expertise in the field of natural language processing (NLP) and the ability to work on different types of R&D projects. The position will be associated with the SAMBA research department, which currently has 45 researchers.

The researcher will be expected to participate in several research projects. In particular, we have recently initiated a large interdisciplinary research project on anonymization of textual data in collaboration with legal scholars, data security experts and researchers in health informatics. We also conduct research on spoken dialogue systems, human-robot interaction, multilingual language resources and information extraction on large amounts of texts. We also work closely with the University of Oslo, and many of our research projects are carried out in collaboration with various research groups in Norway and internationally.

You must be interested in applied research in language technology and machine learning. The applicant must hold a doctorate in language technology or computational linguistics, or a master degree combined several years of research experience. In addition, you must have good programming skills and the ability to work both independently and in teams.

Applicants must be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language is an advantage, as several of our research projects focus on Norwegian text data. Experience in securing funding for R&D projects is also appreciated.

For more information, please visit (in Norwegian): https://www.finn.no/job/fulltime/ad.html?finnkode=169049472

We offer We offer a 100% permanent position, good salary conditions, pension and insurance schemes, flexible working hours, 5 weeks of holiday in addition to paid leave during Christmas and Easter, and our own staff canteen. Good training and development opportunities in an inspiring work environment together with colleagues in language technology, machine learning, statistical modelling and image analysis.

The Norwegian Computing Center is located in Kristen Nygaard's house at the Research Park at Blindern in Oslo. Negotiable starting date. We look forward to hearing from you.

About us Norsk Regnesentral (NR) is an independent, non-profit and non-profit private foundation that conducts contract research for business and public enterprises both in Norway and internationally. Our core research areas are statistical modelling, machine learning, artificial intelligence and ICT. Our clients are business and public administration, the EU and the Research Council of Norway.

The institute has 85 employees and is one of Europe's largest research institute within applied statistics. Major applications are petroleum, finance and insurance, earth observation, climate and environment, fisheries and aquaculture, health, image analysis and artificial intelligence. Research in ICT include cybersecurity, smart sensors, e-inclusion and universal design.