[Corpora-List] under-resourced language SMS

Hugh Paterson III sil.linguist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 23:41:26 CET 2020

Greetings,

Does anyone know of any corpora for under-resourced languages which contain compilations of SMS/text messages? I am aware of some work on corpora of this kind in Swiss German, and French, but I don't know of any other work from the literature for under-resourced languages. In my own fieldwork in Nigeria, where polyglossia is the norm, I have seen minority-language users texting in the less-widely used language when the social context allows for it. But I don't know of any corpora of these sorts of languages (in the SMS context).

It is these kinds of situations for which I am looking for SMS corpora. I am particularly interested in punctuation usage, but looking at what has been done for SMS corpora in general would be helpful.

I'd appreciate any pointers. Happy New Year all the best, - Hugh Paterson III -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 998 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20201231/d34ff131/attachment.txt>