[Corpora-List] low quality science in Europe.

Nihal Yagmur Aydın nyagmuraydin at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 24 13:43:16 CET 2020

Dear all,I would like to share with you my blog (in the end of the e-mail), in which I mention my observations regarding low quality science in Europe. I was shocked and surprised, after seeing how low quality Europe is for science....First of all, women are questioned a lot, when they relocate to other countries for science. Professors question if you are married, not married, etc and they describe their own personal life, as well. They do this indirectly or directly anytime. According to me, I do not need to know relationship status of any professor before or after going to Europe, and I do not need this information, at all!. However, as they see me as "a woman" more than a person who joined science for "doing science", unfortunately, I faced such kind of questionings many times. As I faced so much questioning, I thought about the reason why I am questioned: because I share my ideas, I write my opinions and I am not silent like typical conservatives around Europe. So... When professors open the talk about relationships, this is how I feel:- I am afraid, because professor thinks of me as a woman, and this is not a good style. - I am afraid, because this opening shows an unhealthy environment, where women and men cannot communicate easily. This brings obstacle for work.- I am afraid, because it shows that there is a conservative environment. Well, if a woman is married, she may not relocate and move to other countries for science as her husband would not let it be. If a woman is not married, then each man seeing the woman thinks that she has an intention to talk.  This is the biggest challenge for foreign women doing science in Europe.

Females are not treated well in Europe , especially in small villages or small cities, where conservative nature is in high level. If I communicate with any man in my schools, universities or any social environment in my region (Istanbul, Turkey), I do not see such approaches. This shows that, there is something wrong with regions and low quality science culture in Europe.

Other problem is about racism. Well, I am questioned a lot, not only with my personal life, but also, my knowledge by "students of professors", who are arrogant and think that they know everything, even if they are not specialized in NLP, at all. These group of scientist "candidates" attack me all together, and they even do not know my field and they share their personal and -unprofessional- opinions with my supervisor to cause me lose my positions.I would like to remind this group that, COVID-19 vaccine is found by TURKISH SCIENTISTS in Europe, who immigrated to Germany before. EU uses this vaccine, so even if Europeans do not like us, in the end, they have to use the vaccine Turkish people developed. This brings a good discussion for scientists all over the world, and I add my blog(below) describing my experiences in Europe, as a person, who studied at the best schools and universities of Turkey for a long time.... I was always one of the the bests in my country before going to Europe , and here are what happened to me, my conclusions and views about European science culture:

Realisation of low quality academic culture in Europe.

| | |

| |
Realisation of low quality academic culture in Europe.

I would like to share some comments, after crying a little today considering disappointments I had after moving ...

Regards,NYA

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 9575 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20201224/1a8a63ee/attachment.txt>