Final call for papers / ISLE 6
The Sixth conference of the International Society for the Linguistics of English (ISLE 6) will take place on 2–5 June 2021 as a hybrid conference online and in Joensuu, Finland.
The conference theme is Evolving English and the digital era (please see the conference website at https://sites.uef.fi/isle6/ for more details).
The following plenary speakers have kindly confirmed their participation:
* Kate Burridge (Monash University): Truthiness and the English language — popular perception and fall-out
* Bruno Gonçalves (ISI Foundation): A spatio-temporal approach to linguistic studies through social media
* Jack Grieve (University of Birmingham): Lexical change in Modern English
* Terttu Nevalainen (University of Helsinki): 1066 and all that – a meta-analytic approach to Middle English
We invite abstracts for individual papers and posters in the following formats:
* Full papers on-site/online
* Work-in-progress reports on-site/online
* Posters on-site
* Posters online (3min. video presentations)
For online papers and posters, we are hoping to be as synchronous as possible. Details on the different options will be communicated on the conference website as soon as they are crystallized.
Abstracts for full and WIP papers as well as posters should be between 300 and 500 words (excluding references), and should clearly state research questions, approach, method, data and (expected) results. The abstract must remain fully anonymous – please make sure that your files do not include your name in the document properties either.
Abstracts are submitted via the new Kongressi online system; to access the system, please follow the link: https://registration.contio.fi/uef/Registration/Login?id=1370-ISLE6_2020-1967.
Please refer to the conference website (https://sites.uef.fi/isle6/submitting-a-new-proposal/) for further guidelines.
The deadline for submission of paper and poster abstracts is 31 December 2020. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously, and notifications of acceptance sent out by mid-February 2021.
Welcome to ISLE 6!
Mikko Laitinen, PhD
Professor of English
University of Eastern Finland
mikko.laitinen at uef.fi
-- -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 16946 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20201217/bc5f6902/attachment.txt>