The 6th Arabic Natural Language Processing Workshop (WANLP-6 2021 < https://sites.google.com/view/wanlp2021>) will be collocated with EACL 2021 <https://2021.eacl.org/>.
We invite submissions on topics of natural language processing that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Basic core technologies: morphological analysis, disambiguation, tokenization, POS tagging, named entity detection, chunking, parsing, semantic role labeling, Arabic dialect modeling, etc.
- Applications: machine translation, speech recognition, speech synthesis, optical character recognition, pedagogy, assistive technologies, social media analytics, sentiment analysis, summarizations, dialogue systems, etc.
- Resources: lexicons, dictionaries, annotated and unannotated corpora, etc.
Submissions may include work in progress as well as finished work that has not been previously published. Submissions must have a clear focus on specific issues pertaining to the Arabic language whether it is standard Arabic, dialectal, or mixed. Papers on other languages sharing problems faced by Arabic NLP researchers such as Semitic languages or languages using Arabic script are welcome. Additionally, papers on efforts using Arabic resources but targeting other languages are also welcome. Descriptions of commercial systems are welcome, but authors should be willing to discuss the details of their work.
Two shared tasks will be associated with the workshop this year:
- Shared Task 1: NADI 2021 -- Arabic dialect identification < https://sites.google.com/view/second-nadi-shared-task>. This shared task targets fine-grained dialect identification with new datasets and efforts to distinguish both modern standard Arabic (MSA) and dialects (DA) according to their geographical origin.
- Shared Task 2: Sarcasm and Sentiment Detection In Arabic < https://sites.google.com/view/ar-sarcasm-sentiment-detection/>. The shared task will focus on analysing tweets and identifying their sentiment and whether a tweet is sarcastic or not.
- February 1, 2021: Workshop Paper Due Date (Extended)
- February 22, 2021: Notification of Acceptance
- March 1, 2021: Camera-ready papers due (strict!)
- April 19-20, 2021: Workshop Dates
This year we invite two types of research papers (long and short), demo papers, and shared task description papers. Long research papers may consist of up to 8 pages of content, plus unlimited references. Short research papers, demo papers, and shared task description papers may consist of up to 4 pages of content, plus unlimited references. Submissions will be done via softconf.
*Submission Link*: https://www.softconf.com/eacl2021/WANLP2021/
*WANLP 2021 Organizing Committee*
Nizar Habash, New York University Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Houda Bouamor, Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar.
- Hazem Hajj, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
- Walid Magdy, University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Wajdi Zaghouani, Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar.
- Fethi Bougares, University of Le Mans, France.
- Nadi Tomeh, LIPN, Université Paris 13, Sorbonne Paris Cité.
- Ibrahim Abu Farha, University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Samia Touileb, University of Oslo, Norway.
Ex-General Chairs / Advisors:
- Wassim El-Hajj, American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
- Imed Zitouni, Google, USA.
*Advisory Committee:* Muhammad Abdul-Mageed, Ahmed Ali, Hend Alkhalifa, Houda Bouamor, Fethi Bougares, Khalid Choukri, Kareem Darwish, Mona Diab, Mahmoud El-Haj, Samhaa El-Beltagy, Wassim El-Hajj, Nizar Habash, Lamia Hadrich Belguith, Hazem Hajj, Walid Magdy, Khaled Shaalan, Kamel Smaili, Nadi Tomeh, Wajdi Zaghouani, Imed Zitouni.
*Shared Task 1:*
- Muhammad Abdul-Mageed, Chiyu Zhang (The University of British Columbia, Canada), Nizar Habash (New York University Abu Dhabi), and Houda Bouamor (Carnegie Mellon University, Qatar).
*Shared Task 2:*
- Ibrahim Abu Farha (The University of Edinburgh, UK), Wajdi Zaghouani (Hamad Bin Khalifa University Doha, Qatar), and Walid Magdy (The University of Edinburgh, UK)
For questions or comments regarding WANLP-6 please contact Ibrahim Abu Farha (i.abufarha AT ed.ac.uk ) and Samia Touileb (samiat AT ifi.uio.no ).
Postdoc Language Technology Group Section for Machine Learning Department of Informatics, University of Oslo -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5403 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20201214/223087fe/attachment.txt>