[Corpora-List] [CfP] 2nd Scholarly Document Processing (SDP) workshop at NAACL 2021

Tirthankar Ghosal tirthankar.slg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 04:24:28 CET 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We're excited to invite you to participate in the 2nd Workshop on Scholarly Document Processing (*SDP 2021*) on *June 10 at NAACL 2021* (June 6 - 11)!

The SDP 2021 workshop will consist of *a Research track and 3 Shared Tasks*. The call for research papers is described below, and more details can be found on our website. More information on the shared tasks will shortly follow.

*** Call for papers ***

Introduction

Although scientific literature plays a major part in research and policy-making, these texts represent an underserved area of NLP. NLP can play a role in addressing research information overload, identifying misinformation and its effect on people and society, and enhancing the reproducibility of science. The unique challenges of processing scholarly documents necessitate the development of specific methods and resources optimized for this domain. The Scholarly Document Processing (SDP) workshop provides a venue for discussing these challenges, bringing together stakeholders from different communities including computational linguistics, text mining, information retrieval, digital libraries, scientometrics, and others to develop and present methods and resources in support of these goals.

This workshop builds on the success of prior workshops: the 1st SDP workshop held at EMNLP 2020 and the 1st SciNLP workshop held at AKBC 2020. In addition to having broad appeal within the NLP community, we hope the SDP workshop will attract researchers from other relevant fields including meta-science, scientometrics, data mining, information retrieval, and digital libraries, bringing together these disparate communities within ACL.

Topics of Interest

We invite submissions from all communities demonstrating usage of and challenges associated with natural language processing, information retrieval, and data mining of scholarly and scientific documents. Relevant tasks include:

-

Representation learning

-

Information extraction

-

Summarization

-

Generation

-

Question answering

-

Discourse modeling and argumentation mining

-

Network analysis

-

Bibliometrics, scientometrics, and altmetrics

-

Reproducibility

-

Peer review

-

Search and indexing

-

Datasets and resources

-

Document parsing

-

Text mining

-

Research infrastructure, and others.

We specifically invite research on important and/or underserved areas, such as:

-

Identifying/mitigating scientific disinformation and its effects on

public policy and behavior

-

Reducing information overload through summarization and

aggregation of information within and across documents

-

Improving access to scientific papers through multilingual

scholarly document processing

*** Submission Information ***

Authors are invited to submit full and short papers with unpublished, original work. Submissions will be subject to a double-blind peer-review process. Accepted papers will be presented by the authors at the workshop either as a talk or a poster. All accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings.

The submissions should be in PDF format and anonymized for review. All submissions must be written in English and follow the NAACL 2021 formatting requirements: https://2021.naacl.org/calls/style-and-formatting/

We follow the same policies as NAACL 2021 <https://2021.naacl.org/calls/papers/> regarding preprints and double-submissions. The anonymity period for SDP 2021 is from February 15, 2021, to April 15, 2021.

*Long paper submissions*: up to 8 pages of content, plus unlimited references.

*Short paper submissions:* up to 4 pages of content, plus unlimited references.

Final versions of accepted papers will be allowed 1 additional page of content so that reviewer comments can be taken into account.

** Important Dates **

1st Call for Workshop Papers – December 6, 2020

2nd Call for Workshop Papers – March 1, 2021

*All paper submissions due – March 15, 2021*

Notification of acceptance – April 15, 2021

Camera-ready papers due – April 26, 2021

Workshop – June 10, 2020

** SDP 2021 Keynote Speakers **

We’re excited to have 3 keynote speakers at SDP 2021:

1.

Hannaneh Hajishirzi, University of Washington and AI2

2.

Yoav Goldberg, Bar Ilan University and AI2 Israel

3.

Isabelle Augenstein, University of Copenhagen

** Organizing Committee **

*Iz Beltagy, Allen Institute for AI, Seattle, USA* *Arman Cohan, Allen Institute for AI, Seattle, USA* *Guy Feigenblat, IBM Research AI, Haifa Research Lab, Israel* *Dayne Freitag, SRI International, San Diego, USA* *Tirthankar Ghosal, Indian Institute of Technology Patna, India* *Keith Hall, Google Research, New York, USA* *Drahomira Herrmannova, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA* *Petr Knoth, Open University, UK* *Kyle Lo, Allen Institute for AI, Seattle, USA* *Philipp Mayr, GESIS -- Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences, Germany* *Robert M. Patton, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA* *Michal Shmueli-Scheuer, IBM Research AI, Haifa Research Lab, Israel* *Anita de Waard, Elsevier, USA* *Kuansan Wang, Microsoft Research, Redmond, USA**Lucy Lu Wang, Allen Institute for AI, Seattle, USA* Looking forward to your submissions. Hope to see you all there!

Best,

Tirthankar

--

Tirthankar Ghosal <https://tirthankarslg.wixsite.com/ainlpmldl>

Visvesvaraya Research Fellow <http://meity.gov.in/esdm/phd-scheme>

Elsevier Center of Excellence for Natural Language Processing <http://www.iitp.ac.in/~ai-nlp-ml/collaboration.html>

Indian Institute of Technology Patna <http://www.iitp.ac.in/>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 12922 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20201212/9bac98fe/attachment.txt>