[Corpora-List] Call forparticipation SSNLP 2020 (Virtual event, free for participation):

wenqiang lei wenqianglei at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 15:28:49 CET 2020

Hi All,

We are pleased to invite researchers to participate in Singapore Symposium on Natural Language Processing (SSNLP). SSNLP is an annual Singapore-based conference for people interested in Natural Language Processing. It has been successfully held twice in the previous years, in 2018 ( https://event.statnlp.org/) and 2019 ( https://wing-nus.github.io/SSNLP-2019/). A good number of distinguished speakers have flown to Singapore to give talks. With the continuous efforts of our Singapore-based NLP researchers, SSNLP has become an increasingly popular and impactful event.

For the interest of our public health, we have decided to host SSNLP 2020 virtually. This year, we have keynote talks and panel discussions. We will open all the sessions to be freely accessible by audiences from all over the world.

For keynote talks, we are honored to have:

Mohit Bansal from UNC Chapel Hill

Eric Fosler-Lussier from The Ohio State University

Alessandro Moschitti from the University of Trento

Emily M. Bender from the University of Washington

Minlie Huang from Tsinghua University

Pushpak Bhattacharyya from IIT Bombay

Yulan He from University of Warwick

For the panel discussions, we will highly focus on Southeast Asia/Low Resource Language Processing. We are honored to have 5 panelists who are doing Southeast Asia/Low Resource Language Processing to share their thoughts on this topic. They are:

Bill Jun Lang, the Executive Vice President of Lazada and Director of Data Science Department. Lidong Bing, the head of the NLP team at R&D Center Singapore, Alibaba DAMO Academy. Monojit Choudhury, Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research Lab India Attapol Te Rutherford, Lecturer at Chulalongkorn University Bangkok. Dat Quoc Nguyen, Senior research scientist. VinAI Research, Vietnam.

Detailed programs and registrations and participation information are available at https://www.ssnlp.org/

Looking forward to your joining.

Regards,

Wenqiang

On behalf of the Organization Committee of SSNLP 2020:

Jing Jiang, Singapore Management University

Wenqiang Lei, National University of Singapore

Gangeshwar Krishnamurthy, Institute of High Performance Computing

Min-Yen Kan, National University of Singapore

Kokil Jaidka, Nanyang Technological University Soujanya Poria, Singapore University of Technology

Ai Ti Aw, Institute for Infocomm Research

Francis Bond, Nanyang Technological University

Nancy Chen, Institute for Infocomm Research

Shafiq Joty, Nanyang Technological University

Hai zhou Li, National University of Singapore

Wei Lu, Singapore University of Technology and Design

Hwee Tou Ng, National University of Singapore

Jian Su, Institute for Infocomm Research -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 15625 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20201206/1b65f998/attachment.txt>