[Corpora-List] Corpora of theatre play-texts

jk at etinu.com jk at etinu.com
Sun Aug 30 10:26:49 CEST 2020

For relatively contemporary British English, there's the wonderful

The Leuven Theatre Corpus of British Dramatic Texts 1966-1972

with about 50 plays, each by a leading British dramatist at that time.

One publication about it is:

Leuven Drama Corpus and Frequency List Dirk Geens, L.K. Engels, and W. Martin Institute of Applied Linguistics, University of Leuven, 1975

Best wishes,

John Kirk

-- Univ.-Prof. Dr. John Kirk Professor of English Linguistics Institut für Anglistik und Amerikanistik Hof 8.3, Campus/AAKH Spitalgasse 2 A-1090 Wien john.kirk at univie.ac.at